Revlon Colorstay Foundation Now Has a Pump...Hallelujah!

Photo: Budget Beauty Blog Reader Shannon
Thank you so much to reader Shannon for this heads up! She recently noticed that Revlon Colorstay foundation now comes with a pump. I know this used to be a holy grail drugstore foundation for a lot of you and one major complaint I hear is the lack of a pump on the bottle. Also, the formula was changed in 2013 which was also a big disappointment for a lot of people...they removed the SPF, the finish changed and it took on a funky paint-like smell.
Well guess what? Shannon tells me that the old coverage is back, SPF and all! And no more paint smell...yesss!

She sent me a few pictures of the new pump bottle...they're a little taller than the old ones and she said they're mixed in with the old ones at stores in her town (she's in Indiana).

Photo: Budget Beauty Blog Reader Shannon

Have you guys seen this in stores near you? I'm definitely going to check near me...I loved the old Colorstay and haven't worn it in a few years due to the changes. I'm so excited to find this! 
Thanks again for the info and pics Shannon! :)

6 comments

  1. Finally!!! Now I only have to wait until it comes to Mexico haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aww I hope you see it there soon. :)

      Delete
    2. This is such exciting news!!! I actually wrote to Revlon in the summer, can't remember if it was this past summer or the summer before, and I complained about the smell of the product. I'd like to think I had a hand in them deciding to change the formula. This is quite possibly the best drugstore foundation ever and I'm thrilled that I'll be able to use it now hopefully. I couldn't use it before because of the string smell. Also thrilled that they added a pump! Sounds like they are listening to their customers! Yay!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! That's awesome! I may have to buy it when it arrives at my drugstore. The pour bottle is just too annoying. I feel like Revlon has seriously been slipping lately-- have they come out with anything interesting or good, or even just *not disappointing* since, say, the balm stains? So maybe this is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it in Walmart the other day! I'm in a small town in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the new US pump bottle for one week and I don't see a lot of changes compared to the former "pour" bottle from US (or the Australian pump bottle I've been using for 3 years).

    My shade is Buff, it's now a touch lighter/brighter (more yellow and less ashy in the formula for oily skin, and much lighter and less orange in the formula for dry skin). Less oxidization also, which is a good thing ^_^

    The coverage remains the same (medium-to-full with one layer for the oily skin one, and light-to-medium with on layer for the dry skin one).

    Also, the smell is still here, but much more subtle.

    http://img.makeupalley.com/0/7/7/7/2919622.JPG

    http://img.makeupalley.com/0/7/7/7/2919621.JPG

    Hope this helps :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig