BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Palette Review

Recently, BH Cosmetics had a killer sale and I hauled a few products I've been wanting for a while including the Wild & Radiant Palette ($8.50). This is a baked illuminating and bronzing palette that contains four shades that can be used wet or dry to get that fabulous glow. Let's take a closer look...
BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Palette Review

First of all, I love the packaging! I much prefer softer, cardboard palettes with a magnetic closure like this one to a hard plastic palette. I feel like these travel more easily and are less likely to break when you drop them. The Wild & Radiant palette is also pretty to look at, between the soft colors and girly design...it's so cute!
BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Palette Review
Inside, there are four highlighting and bronzing powders, and they're much larger in person than they look in photos...definitely a good thing since these can be used all over your body. I really love the versatility of this palette and the fact that it can be used wet or dry gives you a lot of different options.

For example:

1.You can use the shades dry to create a subtle highlight on the high points of your face, or wet them to create a more intense, cream highlight.
2. You can dip a large brush into the pan and glide your favorite shade across your collarbone, down your arms and down the fronts of your legs to create definition.
3. Use them wet to create intense metallic eyeshadows or use them dry for a softer wash of color.
BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Palette Review
The Wild & Radiant palette has shades that range from champagne beige to warm golden bronze to a rosy copper bronze. While I can definitely see myself using the lightest shade to highlight, the others are too dark for me to use as a highlight since I'm fair-skinned. The bronzers are too shimmery to use as bronzers all over my face, so I'm limited to using them as eyeshadows or possibly blush toppers. But in my opinion, I think this palette is best suited to those with medium to deeper skin tones. My pal G. over at Nouveau Cheap actually posted reader swatches of this palette on a deeper skin tone and they look absolutely stunning (check that out here).
BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Palette Review

BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Palette swatches
From top: Top Left shade, Top Right Shade, Bottom Left shade, Bottom Right Shade.
In stark contrast to the photo I just linked to above on Nouveau Cheap, these shades look warmer and darker on my pale skin. But look how beautifully pigmented they are (this is one swipe, no primer)! See how smooth they look? Sometimes swatches can look patchy if they have a powdery or crumbly texture but these are really even, which makes them extremely easy to use and blend.

Also, I wanted to mention that the lightest highlight shade in the palette (top row, right) is a pretty close dupe for Becca's Opal highlighter...it's just a tad lighter. They both have the same smooth, creamy texture, and look almost identical once they're blended on my cheeks (I can't tell the difference!) so if you didn't want to shell out the big bucks for Opal ($38), this entire palette is worth the $8.50 even if you'll only use this one shade.
Overall, I'm kind of bummed that most of the shades in this palette don't work well as highlighters on my skin because I absolutely love the soft, silky texture and the fact that they have the perfect amount of shimmer to create a gorgeous glow. But if you have medium to deep skin, this will be amazing on you. Seriously...go grab one now, you won't be sorry!
You can find the Wild & Radiant Palette at BHCosmetics.com  currently on sale for $8.50.

3 comments

  1. I love the 2 lighter shades, but the other 2 look too dark and warm for me:( BTW, I like how the BH one is lighter than Becca Opal but quality is same. BH Cosmetics also have great eyeliners too - I have all shades of Party Girl Waterproof Gel eyeliners, and they last +17 hrs on my oily lids, and they are super cheap (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party Girl eyeliners are awesome, I totally agree! :) And I'm also glad this shade is lighter than Opal because I love the color but Opal is a tiny bit too dark for me.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I noticed you also picked up the UD Gwen blush palette recently. How do the BH colors compare to the 4 non-pink colors in the UD? They look very similar and I'd love to hear your opinion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig