ShopMissA.com Haul and Review

A few months ago, I had a dream that I walked into the dollar store and it was all makeup from floor to ceiling...I guess that means I spend waaay too much time thinking about beauty products, huh? They're invading my dreams now! 
The good news is, this magical dollar store actually exists in real life, in the form of a website called Shop Miss A. Based out of Dallas, TX, ShopMissA.com is filled with super-affordable makeup and accessories that are all $1...can you believe it? So when they recently asked me if I wanted to haul some of their products, I couldn't wait to dive right into the site and see what I could find. 
They offer a large selection of brands...some I've heard of like E.l.f. and L.A. Colors, and others I haven't like Santee and Starry. Even though everything is only $1, Shop Miss A offers fantastic customer service and a steady stream of new products coming in every day, so there's always something new to discover. Let's take a look at what I got...

When my package first arrived, I was impressed by how well packaged everything was! It took me a little while to get through all the bubble wrap, but I really appreciated the time they took to package everything so well. I ordered a lot of powdered items and not one thing arrived broken or damaged! They put as much care into packing my order as a high-end brand would, so I was pleasantly surprised.

The first items I wanted to try were this Liquid Foundation and CC Magic Skin Beautifier from Santee. The foundation felt really nice on my dry skin and didn't cake or settle into fine lines. It gave medium coverage that was buildable as well. It does have a perfume-type scent, in case you're sensitive to fragrance. The CC Cream also had a nice texture, but I didn't end up using it because it was too dark for my skin tone...but hey, that's ok because it was only $1!

Top: Santee Liquid Foundation #2
Bottom: Santee CC Magic Skin Beautifier #8
The next product I wanted to try were these Rose Cheek Pop Blushes by Malibu Glitz...aren't they so pretty? I chose the shades Amber which is a light peachy pink and Orchid, a darker rosy shade. Both are matte finish and they surprised me by being very soft to the touch and highly pigmented!
Left: Amber
Right: Orchid

Top: Amber
Bottom: Orchid
Next up...more blushes (you guys know how I love my blushes and highlighters!). These are by Santee and they're called Sun Kissed Mineral Blush. These are a mineral formula with SPF 20 and have a little bit of shimmer to them. Unfortunately, I dropped one right before I took these photos (it was my favorite shade too), so that's why it's cracked. These are also very soft to the touch and nicely pigmented.
Santee Sun Kissed Mineral Blush in #5, #7, and #6.

Top: Sun Kissed Mineral Blush #5
Middle: Sun Kissed Mineral Blush #7
Bottom: Sun Kissed Mineral Blush #6
More blushes! These are by KleanColor and they're called American Chick Baked Blush/Bronzer SPF 15.  These feel drier than the other blushes, due to the baked formula but they're still nicely pigmented and easy to blend. I also love the marbled texture with different shades throughout and they go on with just a hint of shimmer.
Top Row: Lush Petal, Spring Blossom
Bottom Row: Royal Touch, Fruit Sorbet

Top to Bottom: Spring Blossom, Fruit Sorbet, Lush Petal, Royal Touch
Last but not least, I picked up a few of the KleanColor Keepsake Kiss Lip Tints. These go on almost like a liquid lipstick, with way more coverage than a gloss, yet they feel moisturizing and give your lips a nice dose of shine like a gloss would. They smell sort of fruity, but not in a bad way...I actually liked the scent and it disappears shortly after application anyway. What surprised me most about these is that they stain your lips and are super long-lasting! Plus, they felt comfortable the whole time I was wearing them and didn't dry my lips out at all.
Left to Right: Pink Charm, Ballerina, Fuchsia Heart, Poppy Joy

Top to Bottom: Pink Charm, Ballerina, Fuchsia Heart, Poppy Joy. 
Overall, I'm so excited to have found ShopMissA! Sometimes you just want to have fun and discover new beauty products, and Shop Miss A allows you to do just that without risking more than $1. You can go ahead and try out that lip color or eyeshadow that's a bit more bold than you normally would, just because! Not to mention, their stellar customer service and careful packaging means you're getting even more for your money. Two thumbs up! 
#ShopMissA #Justhavefun

3 comments

  1. Not bad at all! I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these smaller independent brands, like Starry and Santee, are usually found in beauty supply shops that cater to African-American women. There's hardly any advertising for them but they are usually surprisingly high quality for the price range. Nicka K and Ruby Kisses are also two brands you usually find in the LBSS that are really good if you ever want to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a lot of these brands at Daiso Japan in the mall. It's kind of hit or miss on what you'll find and if they have the color you want but I have found some real gems and my favorite mascara there! I'm so glad there is a website with more products available.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig