L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Review

Early in 2015, L'Oreal released a line of limited edition Infallible Pro-Matte Glosses, and I posted a review back in January (see that here). You guys may or may not know that I'm not really a fan of traditional matte liquid lipsticks...I find them to be really drying and they tend to accentuate every line in my lips- not cute. But when I tried the L'Oreal Pro Matte Glosses, I jumped for joy because it's a formula I can actually wear (*hears angels sing*). 
So you can imagine how happy I was to see that L'Oreal has now made these babies permanent and has added five new shades to the lineup, including some nudes...yesss! 
The people over at L'Oreal were kind enough to send me 8 of the 10 shades in the range (I purchased the other 2) so I have all of them to swatch for you today! Let's take a look...
loreal infallible pro matte gloss

I won't go too into detail here, since I already reviewed these in my original post. But for those of you who didn't read it, I want to do a quick summary before we get into the swatches.
These are a matte liquid lipstick with a gloss texture. I was a bit confused when I first saw the name "matte gloss" because the two words totally contradict each other! But these are really unique...they don't have that dry, runny texture that traditional matte liquid lipsticks have, such as the ones from Anastasia Beverly Hills or Kat Von D. These have a plush, cushiony texture and when you first apply them, they do have a bit of shine, similar to a gloss. However, they dry down to a matte finish in about 20-30 minutes (you can blot your lips with a tissue to speed up the process).
The best part is, they keep that cushiony velvet texture, so your lips stay soft. They do transfer a bit at first, just like a gloss would but they leave behind a stain that lasts for at least 6 hours on me.
loreal infallible pro matte gloss

I really love the applicator of these...it's super soft and has a triangular shape like the Infallible Lip Glosses and Color Caresse Wet Shine Stains. I love wide applicators like these because you can cover your lips faster with fewer swipes...plus the pointed tip helps you to get along the edges of your lips and into the corners with a lot more precision.
loreal infallible pro matte gloss

The ten permanent shades are:
300 Blushing Ambition (from the ltd range), 302 Fuchsia Amnesia (from the ltd range), 304 Rebel Rose (new shade), 306 Aphrodite Kiss (from the ltd range),308 Shanghai Scarlet (new shade), 310 Forbidden Kiss (new shade) 312 Rouge Envy (from the ltd range), 314 Nude Allude (from the ltd range), 316 Statement Nude (new shade) and 318 Bare Attraction (new shade).
loreal infallible pro matte gloss swatches

I was so happy to see two nude shades, Statement Nude and Bare Attraction, because the nude-y color from the limited range, Nude Allude, was actually reddish brown and a bit darker than I would usually wear. 
I was hoping to do lip swatches as well, but this is such a crazy-busy time of year I don't have enough hours in the day. I'll definitely try to get those up soon! :) 

Have you seen the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Glosses in stores yet? Have you tried any of the new shades? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

*Disclosure- I received the products mentioned in this review from L'oreal Paris USA, but all opinions are my own. I was not paid to write this review.*

7 comments

  1. how would you compare these to the Revlon Ultra HD matte lipcolor? More or less moisturizing? Transfer? Long-wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only purchased one shade but after wearing it for a few hours I think it's about the same level of moisture as the Revlon lipcolors. They do feel a bit nicer on my lips, though, in my opinion. It does transfer as it does not really dry down completely matte like the Anastasia lipcolors. And I can't really comment on the wear time just yet because I wore it only for an hour or two as I didn't think the color I chose (blushing ambition) suited me very well. I do think it's one of the nicer drugstore mattes as I have extremely dry lips and it wasn't uncomfortable to wear.

      Delete
  2. I bought shade 316 and I love it. It's a "your lips but better" color and I agree that these are way more comfortable to wear than most matte lipsticks. I will say that I feel like it takes a way to truly become matte and that's one thing I don't like. But next time I will blot it with a tissue like you suggested.
    Marly
    www.girlylove.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the three lightest shades they are gorgeous,but the smell and taste of it is gross very high scent that lingers,I like the colors but I might return em,if smells really bother u don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 318 look gorgeous! I want to try this!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so obsessed with liquid lipsticks right now. I will definitely be adding these to my to try list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for swatching all 10 shades, I've been waiting to see swatches before I made a purchase. I will definitely be getting Statement Nude, Shanghai Scarlet and Rebel Rose. They look like the perfect nude, classic red, and berry shades to add to my lipstick stash.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig