Covergirl Tru Blend Blush Review

I recently found the new Covergirl Tru Blend Blushes ($7.99) at my local Bed, Bath & Beyond. These are brand new for Spring 2016 and join several other new products that are really quite exciting! Let's take a look...
covergirl trublend blush review


These look like they're baked blushes...they have that dome shape that most baked formulas have, but it doesn't say anywhere on the packaging that they're baked so I'm not 100% positive on that. They have a marbled appearance with at least two different shades running through each one. They actually remind me a little of the Hourglass Ambient blushes....I'll have to compare the shades to those at some point because Cover Girl seems to be duping higher-end products with the TruNaked palettes (Urban Decay dupes) and the Oh Sugar Lip Balms (Fresh dupes). 

TruBlend comes in three different shades of blush and one shade of bronzer (which I'll review in a separate post).They cost $7.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond which is usually priced a little lower than drugstores, so these might very well be somewhere between $8-9 at CVS, Rite Aid, or Walgreens. I was able to use a bunch of 20% off and $5 off coupons to save some money on these, so that's one great reason to get them at Bed, Bath & Beyond if your local store has a beauty section! 

All of the shades have a soft sheen to them...they're not overly shimmery but just add a hint of shimmer to your cheeks.

Light Rose is a light peachy pink.
covergirl trublend blush light rose
Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Light Rose

covergirl trublend blush light rose
Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Light Rose
Medium Rose is a dusty rose pink.
covergirl trublend blush medium rose
Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Medium Rose

covergirl trublend blush medium rose
Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Medium Rose
Deep Mauve is a dark plummy mauve shade.
covergirl trublend blush deep mauve

covergirl trublend blush deep mauve


Just like with the TruNaked eyeshadow palettes, I'm super impressed with the pigmentation of these blushes! They're soft and buttery and go on beautifully! Deep Mauve is way too dark for my pale skin tone, but I can definitely wear the other two...they're just beautiful.

covergirl trublend blush swatches

Covergirl has really stepped up their game and I'm so excited to try even more products from the new Spring 2016 collection! If you spot this collection near you, I highly recommend picking up some of these blushes to try (and the TruNaked palettes too!). I'll be reviewing the Oh Sugar! lip balms next and I also picked up the new primer (for dry skin) and the Plumpify mascara, so stay tuned. :) 

29 comments

  1. These look gorgeous and seem very similar to the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes, which owns Covergirl. I keep waiting for my BBaB to get them... hopefully soon!

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they still sell Max Factor here in the states? I used to love the pan stick but they disappeared from the drugstores!

      Delete
    2. No. Sadface. Only overseas.

      Delete
  2. Wow these look alot like the milani baked blushes. How are they in comparison? Also lasting power any good? Medium rose seems like the standout beautiful fall type color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nosheen, I have actually never tried the Milani Baked Blushes...can you believe it?! So I'm not sure but compared to other baked blushes I've tried such as Elf and Laura Geller, these feel softer. Baked blushes can feel sort of dry but these don't . :)

      Delete
    2. Also, the lasting power is very good with these...they lasted most of the day on my dry skin!

      Delete
  3. WOW. Medium Rose looks absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me slightly of MAC's Warm Soul and NARS Madly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous! I can't wait to try them!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll be in more stores soon. :) I can't wait to see more reviews, I think a lot of people are going to be really impressed. :)

      Delete
  5. Light Rose looks beautiful! I'm always looking for a peachy blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorgeous! Its more subtle but I really like it for every day.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Covergirl did a great job with their new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did...I'm so happy I decided to try them. :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, Light Rose and Medium Rose...lovely!! Of course the BB&B closest to me doesn't carry makeup-but the next closest one does! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good at least! I hope they have them! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, I'm impressed! First, the marbling reminds me of Hourglass ambiet blush, and the swatches show the luminous sheen that you would get from pricey Becca Mineral Blush. Cover Girl is coming out swinging, and they're knocking it out of the ballpark!! If I can find it, I'm going to grab Medium Rose (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What brush did you use to apply these blushes? I can't wait to try these blushes. Just discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) These swatches were applied using my finger, but I've been applying them to my face using the e.l.f. blush brush...it's really inexpensive but I love it!

      Delete
  10. I'm pretty sure the employees at BBB go running when they me coming towards the register. I always come with my store coupons and manufacturers coupons that I've gotten out of the newspaper. It's time consuming (for them), but it is what it is. More savings=more makeup later. I'm definitely going back to BBB for the CG Rose palette and one of these blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went back today to see what else was new and they were already sold out of the palettes and blushes! Word spread around fast, I guess. 😊

      Delete
  11. Ooooh, gorgeous! I got one of the Oh Sugar balms the other day (in Soda-- great color, and I like the formula much better than Baby Lips, though it doesn't last long) and I may have to find another 20% off coupon and go back for Medium Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's my favorite one! But hurry, the blushes already sold out at my BB&B.

      Delete
  12. I can't wait to try these! If you had to pick one you liked better as a blush, these or the Flower powder to cream blush you said you loved, which one would you pick? I can't decide which one to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is a tough one but I would have to say the Flower one because its just so cool! Not to mention, it lasts all day on your cheeks...longer than any powder blush would. :)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Its an IT Cosmetics brush that came with a set on QVC. I don't believe they sell it separately. But their brushes are the best...so soft and fluffy!

      Delete
    2. Its an IT Cosmetics brush that came with a set on QVC. I don't believe they sell it separately. But their brushes are the best...so soft and fluffy!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for answering my question. It might be Heavenly Luxe Wand Ball Powder Brush. You're right, It brushes are the best! I might be getting this one! :)))

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig