New Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palettes

Wow, it's been a while since I've done a Makeup Revolution post! Last year it seemed like they were releasing new products like crazy and I kept buying and reviewing them all. But then the new product launches slowed down a bit...until now! They just released two new I Heart Chocolate Palettes and one of them is a dupe for the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar! Let's take a look...


This first palette is called Pink Fizz ($12.32). Just take a look at these gorgeous swatches! This is what I mean when I say that the U.S. drugstore brands have to step it up...this is night and day when you compare this to the Revlon Not Just Nudes palettes I swatched the other day...and those are more expensive!
This palette has a lot of shimmery shades and the majority are rosy, pink girly colors. It looks very wearable, as most of the shades are nudes, but they did throw in a matte dark purple and a light shimmery blue-gray.

The other new palette that's just been released is called Salted Caramel ($12.32). This one has beautiful nude shades in warm shades of gold, brown, peach and orange.
Again, the swatches look amazing!

As we all know, Makeup Revolution is all about the dupes, and as I looked at this palette, I realized that it's a dupe for Too Faced's Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar that was released earlier this year! Here they are side-by-side and all of the shades look pretty much identical. The only difference is that the first and second shades on the top row are reversed, which is what they do with all of their dupe palettes (I guess they don't want to make it look exactly the same).
Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette vs. Makeup Revolution Salted Caramel

Then I started thinking about how the new Pink Fizz palette looks a lot like the not-yet-released Chocolate Bon Bons palette from Too Faced! But when I put them side-by-side, I realized that they're not dupes. They do have a lot of similar shades and a similar color palette, but I guess there wasn't really a way to dupe this since the Too Faced palette isn't even out until December 8th. Still, I thought it was pretty funny that they guessed right in terms of which direction Too Faced would go next!

So what do you think...are you excited about either of these new palettes? I'm pretty stoked that Makeup Revolution is coming out with new products again, even though I really don't need another eyeshadow palette! 
I also want to add that these are not available at Ulta stores. Their line of Makeup Revolution is extremely limited so far, and unfortunately, they haven't added any of the I Heart Chocolate Palettes to the range yet. These are available online only at Makeuprevolutionstore.com.

15 comments

  1. I so exited! I love this palettes from MU, this palette, and the new neutrals palette are calling my name, but the shipping hurts me.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that's the one downside. I wish the whole collection would come over here. I end up waiting until I have a large order so that it makes the shipping a little bit more worth it.

      Delete
  2. Really want to know : Does the pink fizz palette have a smell ? I read somewhere that it smelled like strawberries and i dislike strawberries. The colors are gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I'm not sure...the other ones seemed to have a very faint chocolate smell but I didn't hear about the pink one smelling like strawberries. Yuck, I wouldn't like that either!

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks for your reply. :) I guess I will see when i will buy them !

      Delete
    3. It does have a slight smell of strawberries. But nothing syntethic, more like strawberry-vanilla cupcakes. And you only get a whiff of it when you open the palette. It is not like your lids are gonna smell like that the whole day.

      Delete
  3. Wow, great swatches here, light years ahead of those other pathetic palettes from the DS. I want that purple France and that blue Crunch! So glad Ulta is now carrying some items from Makeup Revolution (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish they would carry the I Heart Makeup line...that's my favorite part of Makeup Revolution. All the chocolate palettes, heart blushes and highlighters are part of I Heart Makeup and none of them are at Ulta. :(

      Delete
  4. I want the Pink Fizz one. I have TF Semisweet, and I think the blue swatch in the Makeup Revolution version actually looks tons better! The blue in Semisweet is nowhere near as vivid as it looks in the pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it totally does! I'm always impressed by their palettes. I have the dupe for the Lorac Pro 2 (I think it's called Iconic 2) and some of the colors swatched better than the Lorac ones...amazing!

      Delete
  5. Wow, these look gorgeous!!! Especially that "Cake" one from the Salted Caramel one...sweet Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you use a primer for these swatches? if so could you pretty please tell me which one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't actually my swatches...Makeup Revolution posted them to their Instagram page so I'm not sure if they used primer here. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

      Delete
  7. I think MUR's Chocolate love palette is a dupe for Too Faced's Chocolate Bom Bons, the color layout is different but the shades seem to be the same.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig