Mally 5 Pc Shadow Stick Extra Collection Review & Swatches

I recently saw the Mally 5 Piece Shadow Stick Extra set ($44.54 on QVC) a few weeks ago and I ordered one before they even finished the presentation. Let me just start by saying that I love Mally and don't talk about her products nearly enough. She is such a beautiful person inside and out, and her products do exactly what she says they will...period. Even though I focus mainly on drugstore products here, I always say that I don't mind paying more for a product that performs well and hers have never let me down. 
One of my favorite Mally products is her Evercolor Shadow Sticks. They are truly "bulletproof" as Mally claims...no fading, no creasing, they last until you take them off and they're so easy to use! They're a bit pricey though...if you go down to your local Ulta store, you'll pay $25 for one of them. Last year, I bought a Holiday set from QVC which made them much more affordable and I've been using them regularly ever since. That's why the second this year's holiday set came on the screen, I knew I was ordering one! It's $44.54, which makes these only $8.90 each, which is like drugstore prices! These are also a brand new formula, packaging, and shades so keep reading and I'll fill you in on all the details...
Mally 5 pc evercolor shadow stick extra set

I had to laugh when I read the description on the back of the box...it's written exactly like Mally would say it...I can actually hear her saying it in my head as I read it. So you're probably wondering what makes these Shadow Stick Extra's different from the regular Evercolor Shadow Sticks...Mally said in the presentation I watched that these are the same formula we know and love but the have a little bit of extra play time before they set, extra smoothness, and extra vitamins and hydration added.
These are basically a "tattoo in a stick" as Mally likes to say. They're creamy and so easy to blend and once they set, they just don't budge until you take them off at night. You can use just one all over the lid (which I like to do for everyday) or combine them for so many different looks.
I like to draw an outline on my lid of where I want the shadow to go...from my lash line to just above my crease and extend it just past the outer corners of my eyes and then color it in and blend. Unlike cream shadows in a pot, you can really control exactly where you want these to go.

The shades in this kit are so beautiful...they're all wearable neutrals that anyone can wear. The last kit I bought had one or two dark, smoky shades that I rarely use so I was so excited that I'll be able to use every single color in this set. Plus, she's included a matte shade in this collection, Timeless Taupe which is a first, since all of the previous Evercolor Shadow Sticks have shimmer in them. I love using it to define my crease and then use one of the shimmery shades all over my eyelid. I hope she comes out with more matte shades in the future!

mally evercolor shadow stick extra set review

Here's a closer look at the sticks themselves...they're a pretty slim design which is so much better than some of those chunky eyeshadow crayons you see out on the market because you have a lot more control with these. I find it really easy to place color exactly where I want it and the rounded top gets right into my crease.

Also, I'm not a fan of using an eyeliner pencil on my lower lash line because I feel like it looks too harsh on me, but I do love the softer look of using a powder eyeshadow instead of a liner. The problem is, every time I've tried to do that, it ended up migrating further under my eyes and giving me the dreaded raccoon eyes! These are the perfect fix for that...the slim design allows me to use them to line my lower lash line and they give me that beautiful soft look of smudging eyeshadow along your lower lash line, but they don't budge!

mally evercolor shadow stick extra set review

Here are swatches of all the shades:

Moonlight is a beautiful champagne shade, perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes.
Bliss is a gorgeous shimmering taupe with a bit of pink.
Timeless Taupe is a matte shade- the first ever in Mally's shadow stick collection (you can also use this in your brows- check out the video demo on the QVC website).
Brownstone is a shimmery brown shade.
Mahogany is a rich dark brown shimmer.

mally evercolor shadow stick extra set swatches

I also wanted to point out that the packaging for the Shadow Stick Extra is different than the original Shadow Sticks. They used to be white and now they're silver which I think is so much prettier...but the one downside is that they do have a tendency to get all smudgy and full of fingerprints.
mally evercolor shadow stick extra set review

Here are the same swatches, but I wanted to include a swatch of my favorite shade from the original formula Rosy Taupe to compare to the new shades. I thought it might be similar to one of these, because it seems to be in the same color family, but it's definitely it's own shade. I'm glad because there are five distinctly different shades here from anything else I own.
mally evercolor shadow stick extra set swatches

Overall, I don't notice any difference in the performance of the new Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra formula...they still have amazing staying power without creasing. The one thing I do notice that there is a little bit of extra play time before they set (which is a good thing)! Just to give you an idea of how lasting these are, I had to scrub my arm with oil cleansers 2 times to get these swatches off.

If you've ever wanted to try Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks, this is the perfect opportunity! This set contains all gorgeous, wearable, never-seen-before shades and if bought separately, it would cost $125! You can get these now at QVC.com for $44.54 and also at Ulta.com for $45. If you'd like to see a demo of these, there's a short 8 minute video on the QVC website here.

3 comments

  1. I haven't tried many Mally beauty products but I love her highlight set. The Bliss shade looks gorgeous

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have her old one in Taupe, and it's a great classic shade that just about anyone can wear. It lasts all day and night on my oily lids. I'm not getting this set, because I already have enough brown shadows to go through, but I recently bought Plum (dark purple) and was very disappointed. I read a good review by a trusted blogger, so I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but it was dry and very hard to blend. I know purples are trickier formulas, and it has more of a matte finish, but I wasn't expecting it to be that tough. But the other colors are great, and it's a godsend for oily lids. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, not the colors nor finish of most for my hooded eyes :(

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig