IT Cosmetics QVC Today's Special Value It's Your Top 5 Superstars & More Collection Review

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a QVC Today's Special and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to try it ahead of time, thanks to IT Cosmetics! The It's Your Top 5 Superstars & More Collection ($59.94) landed on my doorstep early last week and it was full of my own personal favorites from IT Cosmetics along with one or two products I hadn't tried yet (but have since become favorites). It contains 5 of their top selling products, plus a Heavenly Luxe brush for $59.94 (starting Nov. 20 at 12am EST until 11:59pm on Nov. 20th). This kit is a $185 value...just the brush is $58! If you've always wanted to try IT Cosmetics, this is the kit to buy because these are the best of the best and are only $9.99 each with this set. Let's take a closer look...
it cosmetics it's your top 5 superstars

The It's Your Top 5 Superstars & More Collection comes in a beautiful box ready to be gift-wrapped and inside, each item is in it's own box as well. They also included two samples...one of their No. 50 Primer, and one of their CC+ Cream (which is definitely at the top of my list when I think of IT Cosmetics).
it cosmetics top 5 superstars collection qvc

Everything that comes in this set is full sized and there's a great cross-section of products here! This kit has enough products to almost complete your entire face (I added cream eyeshadow & eyeliner to my face below).

Here's what's included:

  • 0.28-fl oz Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Concealer
  • 0.30-oz Celebration Foundation Illumination
  • 0.33-fl oz Hello Lashes 5-in-1 Volumizing Mascara
  • 0.0056-oz Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil
  • 0.11-oz Vitality Lip Flush Anti-Aging Lipstick Stain in Je Ne Sais Quoi
  • Heavenly Luxe Master Brush
Today, I wanted to post a no-makeup selfie as a before shot so that you could see the difference these products make, particularly the foundation and concealer. I have quite a bit of discoloration and brown spots from sun damage and most medium-coverage foundations don't cover it completely. Here's how I completed this look step-by-step using this kit: 

Step 1. I squeezed out a tiny dab of Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in the shade Neutral Medium (which actually works better for me than the Light shade which is more yellow, go figure!). I put it on the back of my hand to warm it up a bit and dab my finger into it several times to thin it out a little bit. Then I applied it underneath my eyes and also on my eyelids up to my brow bone and into the inner and outer corners. I also applied it to the top of my nose, which tends to get red and the sides of my nose. Then, I just spot-treated any of the more prominent brown spots on my face.

Step 2. Using the Heavenly Luxe Master Brush (which is so incredibly soft and plush by the way) and swirled it around in the Celebration Illumination Compact (shade Light). I buffed the creamy powder into my skin and it gave me a medium coverage the first time around. The best part about Celebration foundation is that you can go back in and add another layer without being afraid that it'll look cakey (even on drier skin types like mine!). I also go in with my finger and dab a little powder on any spots that the brush didn't cover and it gives amazing coverage this way.
After a couple of minutes, it just melts in and becomes one with your skin, so don't worry if it looks a little powdery at first. I love this version even more than the original because it gives my dry skin life! I didn't notice any shimmer, even when I went outside...it just gives your skin a very subtle, lit-from-within glow. It's magical!

Step 3: I filled in my brows with the Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil, using short strokes to mimic the look of hair. Then I used the spoolie brush on the other end to brush them up into place and soften the pencil marks.

Step 4: I lined my eyes with a black pencil and used a quick layer of cream eyeshadow stick in a taupe brown shade (from Mally Beauty).

Step 5: I used three coats of Hello Lashes Mascara, which is new to me, but I'm already in love. The brush is made from those plastic bristles that are great at combing through your lashes to avoid clumps and it has a ball shaped tip that you can use to really grab your inner and outer lashes as well as the bottom ones.


Step 6: I swiped on the super soft and hydrating Vitality Lip Flush in Je Ne Sais Quoi (see my full review from back in the summertime here). This goes on clear and develops into the softest flush of rosy pink and makes my lips feel so hydrated and soft.

Here are some more pictures from other angles (it stopped raining long enough that I could take some pictures out of the car) so you can see how flawless they can make you look...even outside in natural light! I just turned 38 on Monday and IT Cosmetics helps me to get back the skin I had in my 20's (well, other than some fine lines of course, lol).





Head on over to QVC.com to snag your IT Cosmetics It's Your Top 5 Superstars & More Collection, but don't wait...tomorrow night at midnight, it goes back up in price! 

6 comments

  1. this looks like a really amazing kit. However, aside from the concealer and lip balm there's nothing that I really need. And I also overspent in the 50% ELF Haul, Real Technique brushes sale and shu Uemura 25% off sale. I am wondering if IT Cosmetics regularly has kits like this every year or if there products go on sale often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do! :) I've reviewed a few of them over the past year...they probably do one every three months or so. But this one is different because it has all best sellers in it and not just one or two, so it's perfect for either someone who hasn't tried IT Cosmetics and wants to try all of their best products or people like me who already own most of the products in this set but want to replenish their stash for way less than it would cost to buy them all individually. But their products don't seem to go on sale that often at Ulta so definitely check QVC, because they always have the best deals. :)

      Delete
  2. This is exactly the way makeup is meant to be worn. All the bloggers and vloggers I follow pile it on way too thick, which is easy to do. But applying it the way you've done here is really an art form. You still look like you and you've found that perfect medium between too little and too much. I love that you didn't try to contour your face into a different shape either because everyone is doing that now. Some people look nothing like themselves when they're finished and I have a hard time believing they actually walk around like that. Not trying to bash anyone, its just refreshing to see someone who looks fresh and flawless without trying too hard. I'd like to see this type of post more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Megan! I have always considered myself just average at makeup application...I kind of found my comfort zone over the years and stuck with that. I'm always in awe of people who can completely change their look with makeup...it's definitely a talent! But I've never been comfortable wearing a lot of makeup so I try to just create a "myself only better" kind of look.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Jenna from one Scorpio to another :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikole! Happy Birthday to you too! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig