Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Review and Swatches (Hourglass Ambient Dupe)

If you've been searching for an Hourglass Ambient Lighting dupe, or just a really beautiful face finishing powder, meet Wet N Wild's Coloricon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana ($4 at Walgreens and Walmart). I never would have looked twice at this in the store because it looks like a regular old face powder (and not even a bronzer as the name suggests). But quite a few of you have been telling me lately that I have to try this and I just need to say...you're the best and I love you guys, because it's awesome! I swear, I have discovered so many great hidden gems because of your tips, so anytime you have a holy grail product to share, please don't hesitate to tell me about it, in a comment, email, Instagram, wherever!
Anyway, let me just stop babbling now and let's take a closer look at Reserve Your Cabana...
Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Bronzer Review

Wet n Wild's Coloricon Bronzers come in a few different shades and they all actually look like bronzers except for this one. I'm not sure who could bronze their skin with this considering I'm white as a ghost and this is still lighter than my skintone. But that being said, I'm glad it isn't a bronzer because I have found a much better purpose for it and I hardly ever use bronzers in the Fall and Winter anyway!

It comes in a large round compact with a domed lid...not the most luxurious packaging as it does feel a little cheap but as I always say, who cares about the packaging? It's what's inside that counts! The size is huge at nearly half an ounce (.46 oz) so this will probably last me more than a year.

At first glance, this is a light golden beige color that doesn't appear to have any sheen to it...
Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana

...but when you look closely, you can see very fine particles of shimmer. The formula is very finely milled, and almost feels like a cream when you swirl your finger in the pan. There's a little bit of powder that gets kicked up when using a brush but it's nothing that bothers me at all.
Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Review

Swatches don't even do this powder justice! It gives your skin this perfect, ethereal glow...like you've been airbrushed, or lit-from-within . It's not shimmery enough for me to be a highlight, but it's subtle enough to be used all over the face as a finishing powder, which is how I use my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. I also love to dip my finger into the pan and dab the powder in the inner corner of my eye and take it down underneath my eyes to set my concealer. It brightens up that area like you wouldn't believe and doesn't settle into fine lines!
Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Swatches

To see how it compares to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (which is $45) I took out the one I have which is Dim Light so I could see them side-by-side. Dim Light is a little bit warmer looking in the pan...it's more of a peachy beige while Reserve Your Cabana is more golden beige.
hourglass ambient lighting powder dupe

When I swatch them on my skin, they actually look very similar, but in all honesty, both shades work for my pale complexion. When I say that these are dupes, I'm mostly comparing their formula and function. I have never found a finishing powder that gave my skin that lit-from-within glow that I liked better (or equal to) Hourglass until now! Reserve Your Cabana is every bit as soft and finely milled as the Hourglass Ambient Powder, and it finishes off my makeup just as beautifully. The fact that it costs $41 less is crazy to me, and is the icing on the cake.
hourglass ambient lighting powder dupe

Overall, if you haven't tried Reserve Your Cabana, you're seriously missing out! If you have fair to light skin, this is the perfect finishing powder, and if you have medium to dark skin, you can definitely use this as a subtle highlight. I've seen a lot of people with different skin tones using it on YouTube and it really can work for everyone in some way or another. 
Thanks again to Katherine, Rachel and everyone else who recommended this to me! :) 

You can find Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana at Walgreens and Walmart stores. 

21 comments

  1. This is such a great product, and it's huge. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it every day since I bought it! Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I definitely think it's an amazing dupe for the Hourglass powders!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have found it! Never paying $45 for the Hourglass again! I can save mine for special occasions and it'll last forever, haha.

      Delete
  3. I own both of these but never thought of them as dupes for each other... thanks for sharing this!

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely very similar products. :) Not in color exactly, but just because of how finely milled they are and the subtle sheen they add to the skin. They're both beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Oh, so glad you've finally joined the WNW Reserve Your Cabana fan club!! I've picked up so many great tips from reading your blog, glad I can return the favor :) I picked it up on a whim at Walgreens for like $3 and couldn't believe the quality! I'm light/light medium, and use all over as a finishing/setting powder -it really gives an airbrushed subtle glow to the skin, and the powder warms up my skin just enough, so I can pull off warmer makeup colors. It's the only "bronzer" that doesn't make me look orange or unnatural. It also flatters so many different skintones. I have the Hourglass Ambient Powder in Diffused Light and while I like it, I think WNW is a dupe and even better. It's truly one of the greatest makeup products ever invented, whether DS, ME, or HE. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the great tip! :) I agree, its one of the best products at any price...definitely holy grail status!

      Delete
  5. Woot woot!! So glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do! I wear it daily, thanks again! :)

      Delete
  6. That's fantastic! I'm on the hunt for this now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to track one down. I hope you can find it! :)

      Delete
  7. I have some highlighters hanging around in my stash, but rarely use them...except THIS one! I don't even remember why I bought it, but sure am glad I did! I'm pretty pale too and I use it exactly like you do... I will have to try that trick under my eyes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about that trick on another blog (or maybe it was Makeupalley?) and it really works well for me! I thought that adding a more concentrated amount under my eyes and in the inner corner would look cakey but it doesn't...this powder is so smooth and silky!

      Delete
  8. I really enjoy this product, in fact, I've used it almost completely and will repurchase it. I didn't realize that it was a dupe for the Hourglass powder! That's pretty exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely continue to repurchase as well, as long as they keep making it! It seems like it'll last a really long time though. :)

      Delete
  9. I am going to walgreens tomorrow to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this post just in time before going to Sephora and repurchase my AL. Instead, I drove to my local HEB and gave this a try today, and I am so glad I did! I am beyond impressed with he quality of this product, I can only tell the difference when swatched in the back of my hand, and it is only regarding color since the W&W is more yellowish, but the finish of both in my face are IDENTICAL. Thank you thank you for saving me some bucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, this makes my day! I'm so glad you love it too...its SO much cheaper and has the same finish. The color difference isn't really noticeable when its on your face so its really a win-win. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig