Maybelline Baby Lips Winter Edition Swatches + First Look

I was so excited when I spotted this display at Bed, Bath & Beyond this morning! Maybelline has just released four new Baby Lips shades called Winter Edition ($3.39 each). I love Baby Lips and have collected most of the shades that have been released over the years, but this time what really caught my eye were the two fall-like shades in this collection. Normally, Baby Lips are cute pastels or brights, so I was excited to see a brownish nude and red this time around!
I ended up getting all four shades to swatch for you guys so let's take a look...
maybelline baby lips winter edition

Another thing I noticed was that these are all named after fall/winter treats, so it made me wonder if they were actually scented like their names instead of the usual fruity smell. It turns out that they are! Cocoa Crush has a chocolate scent, Spice It Up! has a spiced apple cider scent, Sprinkled Pink smells like a sugar cookie, and Mint Please smells like a candy cane! I should mention that all of the scents aren't very strong or overpowering...they're actually pretty subtle with Spice It Up being the strongest of the scents. I admit that I wish the chocolate one was a little stronger, but it's still yummy and so is the spiced apple scent. I'm actually happy with the mint-scented one even though I usually hate minty scented lip products, because this one doesn't blast you with mint, it's a softer sweet-mint. 
maybelline baby lips winter edition swatches

The shades look really pretty in the tubes and none of them are overly sparkly or shimmery. They all go on with a bit of sheen, but nothing dramatic.
maybelline baby lips cocoa crush swatches review

maybelline baby lips spice it up review swatches

These are mostly sheer, as Baby Lips tend to be. Mint Please is basically clear and just leaves a pearly sheen on your lips. Sprinkled Pink is a Barbie Pink (or as I like to call it, Pepto Bismol). Cocoa Crush is a beautiful nude shade, and Spice It Up!, which is the most pigmented shade, is a sheer brick red color.
maybelline baby lips winter swatches review

Overall, I'm liking Cocoa Crush and Spice It Up! the best. Cocoa Crush is the perfect every day shade and Spice it Up is actually very pigmented and leaves my lips a soft red shade. Mint Please doesn't leave any color behind and Sprinkled Pink looks kind of strange on my lips...I've never really liked Pepto Pink shades on me, so I don't see myself wearing those very much. I'm wishing they had done more dark shades for winter because Mint Please and Sprinkled Pink seem very spring-like to me. 
What do you guys think? Have you seen these or tried them yet? 

4 comments

  1. I love Baby Lips, and these look great. It's so hard to find the LE stuff in my area though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck I need these. Thank you so much for explaining what they smell like- it makes me even more excited to find them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, glad to help! :) When I first saw them on Maybelline's Instagram page I was hoping and praying that they were scented like their names! I was so happy to find out that they were.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig