Rakuten Affiliate Network Bonus Box!

When you're a blogger, there are many expenses that you incur on a regular basis, so it makes sense to monetize your site to get a little bit back, break even, or hopefully make a little bit of money for your efforts. Affiliate networks are one way to do that and one of the best out there is Rakuten. They have a lot of advertisers to work with that are beauty-related so they're a perfect fit for me! They just started a new program this year called the Bonus Box, where they give certain publishers a box full of products from advertisers in their network, and this quarter, I was chosen to receive a box! I was so excited and couldn't wait to see what was inside. 



I was really happy to see a lot of beauty products in this box because there are many advertisers that are not beauty companies in the network. 

The first product I got is the Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders kit ($24.50). It contains mini versions of their best selling Truth Serum, Sheer Transformation Anti Aging Moisturizer, and the Invigorating Night Treatment. I've heard so many good things about these products but have yet to try them, so I'm really excited to incorporate them into my routine!

Nourish Organic Skin Solve ($19.99) is a multi-use cream-to-oil formulation that can be used all over the body, from head to toe! If you've ever tried Josie Maran's Infinity Cream to Oil, this feels and smells very similar...for a lot less money!

I tried the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ($28) way before cleansing oils were trendy, after reading about it in a magazine 10-15 years ago! I loved it at the time, but after I used up my bottle I was on to the next big thing. I was so excited to see a mini version ($5.50) in this box.  With one sold every 10 seconds and over 4,200 5 star reviews on their website, this is a cult classic that I can't wait to start using again!

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($15 travel size, $48 full size) is another product with a cult following and numerous 5-star reviews online. I recently saw online that it's the secret to Kim Kardashian's glow (love her or hate her, she always looks radiant). It's advertised as a spray-on moisturizer, but it's pretty lightweight so if you have drier skin like I do, it's more like a moisturizing toner.

Lacoste L!ve ($74 full size) is a men's cologne that has a really fresh, yet deep scent. I was instantly drawn to it and gave it right to my husband to wear. He has owned Lacoste fragrances in the past so I had a feeling he'd like this one, which he did! 

I'm a huge Laura Geller fan so I was really excited to see her Glam Lash Mascara ($24) in the bonus box.  I've seen it demonstrated on QVC and have always wanted to try it! I'll definitely post a review when I do!

This keychain from the New York Times store ($12) is all about New York with charms that include a crossword puzzle, apple, taxi, and the original NY Times tower.

Finally, this tee from Lookhuman.com was a bit of a surprise because it's a political design. They have so many cute designs on their website (including Full House sayings and themes) that would have been a lot more suited to my taste. I've seen what other bloggers got in their boxes and every tee seems to be different, so I'm a little bummed that this is the one I got while a lot of other people got ones that they would actually wear. Plus, it's probably not the greatest idea to put a political tee in a random box when you have no idea who it's going to because politics is such a hot topic. It's probably better to send more neutral designs.
With the exception of the Bernie Sanders tee, I loved my bonus box and fingers crossed, I'll get another one next quarter! :) 
For all of you bloggers or website owners out there, if you're not a part of the Rakuten affliate network, I highly recommend it as a way to help monetize your site! 

5 comments

  1. The Bernie tee was a bit much, but you got some great stuff. I've heard several YouTubers rave about the Tatcha spray.

    Louboutins & Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've always vowed to never talk politics on the blog, but I'm just a bit disgusted with politics in general right now. As far as this shirt goes, I feel like unless you're a hard core Bernie fan, this tee is useless. I could be a republican, independent, or democrat who might be supporting a different candidate so in all of those scenarios, I wouldn't be able to use it. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig