Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick Swatches & First Impression

Last week, I discovered a bunch of new Fall 2015 Hard Candy products at my local Walmart (check out my post here in case you missed it) and there were a lot of new lip products to choose from. The Fierce Effects Lipsticks caught my eye due to the rhinestone studded packaging, and of course, the $5 price point. There are 9 shades total, most of which were bold shades that I probably wouldn't wear so I grabbed the two most tame-looking shades, Glisten to Me and Galactica. Let's take a look...


The first thing I noticed after I stopped gawking at the packaging was that Hard Candy put safety seals on these...finally! I'm so tired of going into Walmart and finding out that all of the lipsticks have been swatched already. This type of seal, which is just a label going across the opening, isn't the most difficult type to open, so people will still break into them. But at least you can easily tell if someone has opened it, which is  a step in the right direction.

When I opened the tubes, I could tell right away that these had a sort of metallic, frosty type of finish. They're not sparkly or shimmery...they're shiny without being glossy.

Glisten to Me is a coppery nude shade, while Galactica is a plummy mauve. The formula contains Argan Oil, so they're supposed to be really moisturizing, but I didn't find them to be overly hydrating on my lips. They go on super pigmented...laying down full coverage in one swipe. They feel really lightweight and grip your lips without feeling slick or greasy so they have good staying power- I'd say 4-5 hours on me through eating and drinking. 
Several hours after application, my lips started to feel a little dry, like I needed some lip balm, but I have extremely dry lips, so if you don't you may not have the same experience. 

Glisten to Me (left) and Galactica (right)

Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick in Glisten To Me

Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick in Glisten To Me

Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick in Galactica

Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick in Galactica
Overall, if you like metallic finish or frosty lipsticks, you'll really enjoy these for only $5! The pigmentation is fabulous and they feel weightless on your lips. If you tend to have drier lips, keep some lip balm handy (but you probably won't need it right away). 
You can find the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipsticks at Walmart stores and Walmart.com

13 comments

  1. Thanks for the review. My lips are dry too, that was good to know about the dryness factor thanks. I like the colors though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! They definitely weren't as moisturizing as you would think for an argan oil lipstick. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm having some flashbacks to the '80s, but these colors are a lot more wearable than bubble gum pink or neon pink :) (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely! The 80's were all about the frost...but you're right, these are a way more wearable frost. I had those bubble gum pink ones back in the day when I was in middle school...not a good look, lol.

      Delete
  3. These look lovely on you. Pretty lipsticks and cute packaging. I'll have to try to pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually dont like frosts but these seem wearable. Glisten to Me in particular is giving me a holidays with the family vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! At least these two colors are wearable but they were the tames ones there.

      Delete
  5. Ok... I think I need these. I might not always wear them alone since they're pretty frosty, but they'd be beautiful worn in the center of the lips over matte lip stick! I'll have to go check out all of the colors! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! As far as frosts go, these are wearable but I doubt I would still reach for them when it comes to everyday wear. :)

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea! As far as frosts go, these are wearable but I doubt I would still reach for them when it comes to everyday wear. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig