Julep Maven August 2015 Box Review + Free Box Offers

Julep Maven is the only subscription box I still receive, and for good reason! It's always been my favorite because you always get full sized products and it's so customizable, you can always make sure you get what you want. Plus, Julep isn't all about nail polish (although their 5-free formulas and color selection is amazing)...they also have beauty products that are so great, they've never let me down in the year-and-a-half that I've been a Maven! 
When you join, you take a quiz that will recommend a certain box for you, whether it's an all nail polish box, a nail polish/beauty product combo box, or all beauty products, but you don't have to stick to that...you can go with whatever box you'd like. I usually make my decision every month on the 20th when you're allowed to peek inside your box. If I'm not happy with what I'm getting, I switch! 
That being said, I almost always stick with the Beauty box and use the points I accumulate each month (just for having the subscription) to add on a nail polish for free. This month, instead of adding on a nail polish, I added on something a little different...so keep reading to see what was in this month's box! 


This month I decided to stick with the beauty box again because I really wanted to try their new Skip the Brush Creme-to-Powder blush stick ($24). They were originally giving me a bronze shade called Moonlit Sand, but because Julep is awesome, they let you swap colors. So I ended up choosing Golden Guava instead, which is a pretty peachy pink shimmer.

This blush stick is so creamy and smooth and very pigmented going on. It does have quite a bit of shimmer, but on my cheeks, it gives a highlighted sculpted look so I don't mind at all. Here's what Golden Guava looks like blended, and straight from the tube.
Julep Skip the Brush Creme to Powder Blush Stick in Golden Guava
Left: Blended, Right: Swatched
The other product that came in this month's beauty box was the Feels Like Velvet Eyeshadow Duo in Champagne and Caviar ($16)...these shades are so gorgeous!! They glide on like butter and feel velvety soft (hence the name). They're also incredibly pigmented so I'm really happy with this as well.


All told, this month's box contained $40 worth of beauty products for $24.99 (or in my case, $19.99 because I have a 3-month at a time subscription rather than paying by the month, so you save $5 a box that way). Julep's beauty products aren't cheap, so getting them in the monthly box is the most cost-effective way to try them! As I said before, in the year and a half I've been a subscriber, I've tried everything from makeup to skincare to body products and I've been impressed with everything they've sent me! 

Each month on the 20th when you can choose your box, you can also choose add-ons (which cost extra unless you use your points). Usually I choose a nail polish, but this month, I noticed a little kit with their Love Your Bare Face Hydrating Cleansing Oil and their Konjac Sponge for the face. If you read my recent post about my Shower Routine, you'll know that I've been loving their body cleansing oil and the larger Konjac body sponge that they sent a few boxes ago. So when I saw this duo for $14.99, I added it on to this month's box so I could try it before I purchase them separately. As it turns out, the facial cleansing oil is fantastic (just as I thought it would be) and the konjac sponge is the same, just a smaller version. It contains charcoal to draw out impurities and exfoliates yet feels really soft and squishy so it's not irritating at all!

So if you haven't joined Julep Maven yet, I can't recommend it enough, especially if you've been disappointed with sample beauty boxes in the past. With Julep, you can control what you get and every single product is high quality (and full size!). 
This month, there are two free welcome boxes to choose from for new subscribers! One contains 2 Luxe Up Your Lips Glosses and 2 Nail Polishes (worth $78), and the other includes 3 Nail Polishes and a Bonding Base Coat! 
To claim these offers, click on one of the banners below...whatever one you would prefer to receive, and it'll take you straight to the page for the free welcome box! 


Julep Beauty Inc.

Julep Beauty Inc.

If you've tried Julep Maven, I'd love to hear about your experience with them!

4 comments

  1. I've tried their nail polishes, and a couple of their eyeliners. I think they stuff I have tried is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am just drooling over that shimmery peach blush and those buttery shadows. I knew Julep made nail polishes and glosses, had no idea they had such beautiful makeup too!! Will definitely need to keep an eye on this company (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a Maven subscriber for about 2 years now, I've never been disappointed. Love nearly everything I've gotten. Was super excited when they allowed the completely customized boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyeshadow and blusher stick seem like great picks, will check this box out!

    makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig