Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt Gel-to-Oil Cleanser Review

Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt Gel-to-Oil Cleanser ($28 at Kohls) is a new hybrid cleanser that combines the performance of a gel and the makeup removing power of an oil. I was in Kohls a few weeks ago and I had a $5 Yes2You reward to use, so I decided to try this since I needed a new night time cleanser (I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple in the morning with my Foreo). I like using oil cleansers at night because they're great at removing makeup. The problem is, I normally feel like I have to do a double-cleanse when I use oil because even though it removes makeup, my skin doesn't feel clean because it has a layer of oil left behind (silly I know, because it really is clean). 
But this one changes the game for me, because even though I do feel a hint of oil left behind after using it, it's not nearly as much as a regular oil cleanser leaves and since this starts as a gel, I feel like it cleans more deeply...maybe it's all in my head, who knows? But all I know is that since getting the Fabulous Makeup Melt, I haven't felt the need to double cleanse. So let's take a look!
bliss fabulous makeup melt gel to oil cleanser review

Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt has a faint, spa-like scent due to a blend of oils including orange peel, lavender, sage, and peppermint. It's very subtle and not overwhelming at all, although the scent may not be for everyone.
This cleanser is meant for all skin types, even oily skin, as it removes oil from the surface of the skin during cleansing, leaving it feeling soft and clean. 

Other ingredients include:

-Tamanu Oil: Contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. 
-Mirabelle Plum Seed Oil: Helps to leave skin feeling conditioned and soft. 
-Abyssinica Seed Oil: Helps protect skin from dryness and dehydration during the cleansing process.
-Olive Oil: Softens skin and contains antioxidant properties. 



bliss fabulous makeup melt review

When you first dispense it, this cleanser has a hair-gel like texture...it's very thick and doesn't move around well on the face. The first night I tried it, I was disappointed after trying to spread it all over my face and rinsed it off quickly because I didn't feel like it was really doing anything. It literally felt like I was trying to spread hair gel on my face, and since you're supposed to use it on a dry face using dry hands, the thick texture wasn't spreading out the way I wanted it to. 
Well I decided to give it another shot the following night and started massaging it into my skin, concentrating on my cheeks first instead of all over my face. After about 10-15 seconds of working it into the same area, it warms up from the heat of your skin and liquifies into an oil with tons of slip...a-ha! So then I went over the rest of my face and sure enough, you just have to give it a little time. At that point, the makeup was literally melting off of my face, particularly my eye area. My mascara, liner and long-wearing cream eyeshadow were no match for this and within seconds, the oil had turned from clear into a grayish-black sludge. The best part? In the morning, I had no eye makeup residue under my eyes...that never happens to me, even when I use a cleanser and then a wipe or eye makeup remover.
It definitely feels thicker than other cleansing oils I've used in the past, I assume because it starts out as a thick gel, but the weird part is, it rinses away cleaner than other oils, which was a surprise since it's so thick. As I said above, I still feel a very light layer of oil on my skin after rinsing, but I don't mind since I have dry skin anyway. Rather than feeling oily, it just feels super soft, like I just applied moisturizer. So far, I haven't had any breakout issues but my skin isn't all that sensitive either.
bliss fabulous makeup melt review
Top Left: Straight Out of the Tube
Top Right: First spread onto the skin
Bottom: In oil form after 10-15 seconds

To show you exactly how well  this removes makeup, I decided to swatch a long-wearing lipstick on my arm (it's BH Cosmetics Color Lock Lipstick in Faithful).  Even those of you who aren't bloggers have probably swatched makeup on your skin at Sephora or Ulta at one time or another, so you probably know how difficult it can be to remove, even with makeup remover. Especially when it comes to long-wearing products, I'm usually left with a faded version of my swatch for a day or so even after using makeup remover.

After rubbing the Fabulous Makeup Melt into the swatch for about 15-20 seconds, it completely broke up and all of the pigment went into the oil to be rinsed away.

Afterward, there's no sign of the lipstick swatch whatsoever...only a little bit of pink in my skin from rubbing the cleanser into it.

So overall, this one's definitely a keeper! It removes makeup like nobody's business and leaves my skin feeling clean without a ton of oily residue. It's completely simplified my nightly routine because I don't feel the need to double cleanse every day...a huge plus when you have a 2 year old that wakes you up at 5:30 am and every second counts when you're trying to get to bed! It's definitely on the more expensive side for a cleanser, but it's totally worth it because I don't need to use an additional cleanser or makeup wipe afterwards. Plus, if you buy it at Kohls, you can use Kohls cash or Yes2You rewards to bring the price down. 
You can also find Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt at Sephora and Ulta

1 comment

  1. This would be nice for winter, when my skin gets dry (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig