bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow Review & Swatches

bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Eyeshadow ($18) is a creamy full coverage color, primer, sunscreen, brightener and smoother in one for the eyes. 

I was first introduced to bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Cream Eyeshadows in my Ipsy bag a while back. They sent a cute little sample tube in the shade Divine Wine, a gorgeous raisin brown. I loved it so much, I went to Sephora and bought a full size in Sweet Spice, which is a lighter brown shade. Then I got another sample size in Soft Linen (a light tan shade)...I think it was in a sample bag from Sephora or Ulta but I can't quite remember. Then, Ipsy was offering (as a points reward) a full size in Delicate Moss, a light green shade, so I used my Ipsy points for that one. Then just recently during a Sephora haul, I purchased another full size in Blushing Pink. So I have five shades to share with you today!
It's hard to believe I haven't reviewed these yet because they're my favorite cream eyeshadow ever- they're so versatile and offer a lot of different benefits, plus they come in really pretty, wearable shades...I would wear every single one. So let's take a look! 
bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadows


These come in frosted tubes with a silver cap and a flat lip gloss-type applicator. I tend to just swipe the applicator across my lid and then blend with my fingers, but you can also use a brush. It sets pretty quickly so you have a short time to play with it and move it around before it's locked into place.
The formula is unlike any other cream eyeshadow I've tried! Here's what I love about them:

1. These are super long-wearing. Put them on in the morning and they stay all day without creasing or fading!

2. They prime your eyelids, so you can use these as a colored base for other eyeshadows. Having these on as a primer makes my powder eyeshadows last much longer and prevents them from creasing, plus it intensifies the color of your shadows as well.

3. These have a brightening effect! They're completely full coverage, so if you have discolorations on your eyelids such as veins or redness, one swipe of these will cover them and even out your skin. Sometimes, I just use the Soft Linen shade all over my lid for a no-eyeshadow look and just add mascara. It makes my eye area look bright and perfect and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

4. They make your eyelids look super smooth. Sometimes creams can settle into little lines and wrinkles making your eyelids look crepey. I'm only 37 so I don't have crepey eyelids yet, but when I'm wearing cream eyeshadows (Maybelline Color Tattoos sometimes do this to me) they accentuate any texture that's on my eyelids and almost create a crepey effect that's not visible otherwise. With these, my eyelids look perfectly smooth and tight- I have no idea how they do it but it's awesome.

5. They contain SPF 15. Your eyelids are an area that most people probably don't think of protecting (I know I never did) but it's nice to know that it's in your eyeshadow and you don't have to worry about it.
bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadows
There are ten shades all together, but different stores have different shades, which makes finding the ones you want a little tricky. The bareMinerals website has all ten shades, while Sephora has five including Sweet Spice, Blushing Pink, and Soft Linen that I swatched below. Ulta carries six shades, including Divine Wine, Blushing Pink and Soft Linen. The only shade I've swatched here that you can't get at Sephora or Ulta is Delicate Moss, which is available on the bareMinerals site.

If you're thinking of ordering more than one shade, QVC actually has a trio of these available for $32. That's only $10.66 each! You'll get Soft Linen, Blushing Pink and Divine Wine...it's an amazing deal since just two of these would normally set you back $36. I'll link a video of the QVC presentation below, which shows these being applied to the eyes and you can see what they look like on different skintones as well.

When you apply these, they have a matte finish but if you look really close, you can see teeny tiny bits of shimmer in it. But the overall effect is matte, which you can see in my swatches below. My favorite combo is using Soft Linen all over to create a light base, then I use Sweet Spice on my lid and Divine Wine in the crease/outer corner (which I apply with a brush). But most days, I just use one shade all over, with liner and mascara...done.
bareminerals 5 in 1 bb eyeshadow cream swatches
bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Swatches

Overall, this was a product that totally surprised me when I got a small sample and now I'm so happy to have it in five shades (and I still want Elegant Taupe, Radiant Sand, and Barely Nude). I wear these all the time, whether it's by themselves or layered under other eyeshadows as a colored primer. They just make my entire eye area look better...smoother, brighter and more even-toned, not to mention they're so long wearing! I highly, highly recommend trying one of these to see how you like it, or swatch them on your hand next time you're at Sephora or Ulta. 

To see the QVC set of three demo here's the video (you can watch it right here without leaving the blog): 

6 comments

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I have 3 of these! I've completely forgotten about them! Ipsy had full size of Elegant Taupe, too. I was able to get both. Even more motivation for me to clean and reorganize my vanity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these look incredible! You know, I saw them when I was in Ulta a while ago but I didn't even swatch them because I thought naaahh cream shadows do not work for me. But based on what you're saying it sounds like they gave great wear time and don't crease plus you can tell how full coverage they are by looking at your swatches. I have redness on my eyelids and can't usually wear pale color because it shows through. So I'm excited to try the Soft Linen! Thanks for the review. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the QVC set! Those were the three shades I would have wanted to try anyway and at just over $10 each I can't resist. They have a great return policy so if I'm not happy, I'll just return them. I have a feeling I'll love them though after your great review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barely Nude and Elegant Taupe are my everyday favorite shades. I use Barely Nude up to my brow bone and then Taupe on my lid and I look fresh and put together. I'm not really into those eyeshadow looks that use a bunch of different colors because I suck at blending and it always ends up looking messy and muddy. But somehow no matter what these always look good, you don't have to be an expert to use them. I would recommend them highly to anyone reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear these two colors as well! Love this stuff!

      Delete
  5. OMG, I'm on my second tube of Soft Linen, love it so much!! It is by far the hardest working product in my stash --it's an eye primer, concealer, eye brightener, cream base, and provides SPF 15 too. It matches my skintone (light/light med with slight yellow undertones), and can be used sheer or full coverage, so it covers any dark circles or discolorations on the lid. And it makes shadows last all day on my oily lids. I'm 46, and it smooths my lid and any shadow on top, doesn't make my lid look dry or wrinkled. Your review is spot on! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig