Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley 16" Hair Extension Review

Christie Brinkley has launched a new line of hair extensions, wigs and hair accessories and I was really excited when I was given the opportunity to try the Hair2Wear 16" hair extension ($49). I cut my hair into a bob last year and have been slowly growing it out. I'm one of those people who loves having both short and long hair...I can never decide. I'm always in this never-ending cycle of cutting it short, then growing it out, then cutting it short again when I start to get bored. Right now, my hair is a medium-length lob which I really like, because it's long enough to put up or to curl, but still short and manageable...kind of the best of both worlds.
Still, I sometimes want a little extra length and when I'm missing my long hair, a clip-in extension like this one from Hair2Wear is a quick and easy solution. Let's take a look...


The Christie Brinkley 16" extension comes packaged in a small box that you can use to store the extension in when you're not using it.

Unlike those clip-in extensions that come in several pieces, this is just one piece...so much easier and it only takes about a minute to put on. Here's a guide on how to do it...just section off the top layer of your hair and clip it up. Then attach the extension along the horizontal part you made- it just clips right into place. Then let the rest of your hair down and you're done!

When you open the box, you'll see the extension packaged inside some netting and tied with a ribbon. You also get a style guide that shows you more detailed instructions on how to attach the extension to your hair, plus how to wash it and how to heat style it!
Since this is a synthetic fiber and not real hair, you have to be careful when heat styling. Hair2Wear recommends 300 degrees, but don't go past 350 or you can ruin it. This fiber only sets once it's cool, so if you're curling your extension, you have to keep the hair curled up after releasing it from the curling iron until it cools, either by cupping it in your hand, or putting a clip on it to hold it in place while you move on to the other sections.
Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley 16" Hair Extension medium brown
Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley 16" Hair Extension in Medium Brown

This extension comes curled, so that's the way I decided to wear it for this review. I chose the shade Medium Brown (there are 11 shades and if you can't decide, you can order a color ring to get the closest color match). Also, the Christie Brinkley collection is now available at Sally Beauty, so if your local store has them, it may be even easier to go see them in person! (For a list of stores near you, click here).
It's very lightweight and comfortable to wear and it feels so soft and silky. It also looks natural and blends with my own hair really well...it doesn't look too shiny like doll hair either. They did a good job of making it look very realistic.
Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley 16" Hair Extension medium brown
Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley 16" Hair Extension Medium Brown

Before I started, I curled my own hair since the extension came with curls. Here's what my hair looks like without the extension:

Before

And here's what it looks like after! It gave me several inches in length and makes my fine hair look thicker.


Here it is from the back:

I also wanted to do a far away shot so you can get a more accurate picture of the length (for reference, I'm 5'6" tall). I normally prefer loose waves, so after this review I straightened out some of the curl using my flat iron. I just went over it quickly to loosen the curls a bit, but at some point I'll probably try it straight too!


On the downside, I'm not sure that I would use this on shorter hair because it might be difficult to blend, especially in the back since it's all one length. With short hair, you may be able to see the line where your hair ends and the extension starts. When you have medium length hair like I do, the extension only comes down another couple of inches so it creates an appearance of layers. But with shorter hair, there would be too much of the extension showing to look like a believable layer. That's the main problem I ran into when using a one-piece extension with shorter hair in the past. 

But overall, I think that if you have medium-length hair or longer, the Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley collection 16" extension is a fun and easy way to get a some additional length and add volume to fine or thin hair without breaking the bank or damaging your hair with salon extensions. It's so easy to put in and takes less than a minute, so I find myself wearing it all the time! 

To see all the available shades or to check out the full line of Christie Brinkley Hair2Wear, please visit their website here.

4 comments

  1. What I want to know is where you got those shoes! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! I got them last year, they're by Sam & Libby for Target. They were inexpensive and they're really comfy! :)

      Delete
  2. lol I was wondering what kind of shorts u have on... :) Love the hair! Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! :) They're the low-rise boyfriend shorts from Abercrombie. I think they're only $20 right now!
      http://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/a-and-f-short-shorts-4020070

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig