Maybelline Baby Lips Gloss Spotted at Walmart

Good morning! How's everyone's week going so far? Guess what I spotted at Walmart yesterday (finally)-Maybelline Baby Lips Glosses! I've been looking for these for several weeks now and was excited to see them (although a little underwhelmed at the color selection). This is all six shades here, but I'm curious as to why the photo on the display shows a bright pink gloss with a green cap...and that color doesn't seem to exist?  Weird.  Anyway, let's take a closer look...

I'm not sure if the display was just understocked or if these have sold so quickly that there was only one of each color, but I started to get nervous when I realized that these are not safety sealed (neither were the ColorBlur pencils, by the way).  Seriously...this is Walmart we're talking about, we need safety seals! I figured there was no way I'd be able to pick up all six shades, because I was positive at least one of these would have been opened.  To my surprise, they were all untouched (yesss) so I will be swatching all six shades for you very soon.

What do you guys think of the color selection? Have you tried these out yet?

5 comments

  1. Hmm, I was really excited for these but there's a lot of pale pink and peach there. Maybe they're more pigmented than they look? Because usually lipglosses that are that light in the tube look like nothing on the lips. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far from what I can tell, they aren't very pigmented, but I've only worn one on my lips so far and swatched the others on my hand so we'll see! :)

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to get a couple when I went to Walmart the other day but just like yours, mine only had one of each left and with no safety seal. I was just sure I was going to get one someone had already contaminated. Hopefully I can find them somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I don't know why they don't seal these! I actually opened each one carefully and looked to see if they had bwen tampered with. You can tell by opening the cap and pulling the wand out slightly...the clear threaded part where the cap screws on will be full of product if someone had opened it. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  3. From what I can tell, the more high-end a brand is the more likely they are to be sealed. Rimmel also doesn't seal their products.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig