Skinfood Steam Milk Mask Cream Review

I recently purchased the Steam Milk Mask Cream ($22) from Urban Outfitters because it sounded heavenly for my dry skin. I discovered Skinfood about a year ago when I started getting into Korean skincare products and the multi-step routine (see my post about that here). Korean women are known for their beautiful skin and take great care of it, so that's something I've been trying to do after years of neglecting it.  I've seen so much improvement in the clarity, pores, and lines and wrinkles. It's still far from perfect but I like to think I'm looking younger than 37 these days! 
Out of all the Korean skincare brands, Skinfood is probably my favorite. Every product is made with real food ingredients, the packaging is adorable, it's affordable, and best of all...it works! 
Let's take a look! 

skin food  steam milk mask cream
The Steam Milk Mask Cream comes in an adorable little cow-printed carton with a little hang-tag on top that looks like a milk jug.  I don't know why, but I always want to keep boxes that are cute like this...even though I'm not sure what the heck I would do with it.  My husband would call me a hoarder and he's probably right, haha.
Even though this has the word "mask" in the name, it's not really a mask, it's a moisturizing cream that has a mask-like texture.


Here's the description:
skin food steam milk mask cream

According to Skinfood, they use steamed milk because when it's steamed, milk turns into a mound of microfine bubbles that have all the benefits of milk, yet feel silkier and softer to the touch. It comes in a large jar that's identical to their scrubs, including the Black Sugar Scrub Mask I reviewed a while back (see that here), so this will last a really long time since you only need a little bit.
skin food steam milk mask cream

The texture of this cream is heavenly. If you have oily skin, you'll probably find it too heavy, but if you're normal to dry, you'll love it! It's thick and rich with a silky, mousse or whipped cream feel. This Winter, I wore this every night and my parched skin instantly felt comfortable and soothed.

Milk proteins are amazing for the skin...they restore elasticity and provide a vitamin boost. I only use this cream at night, like a sleeping mask, because it's too rich to wear under foundation.  I wake up with soft, hydrated and supple skin in the morning and I haven't experienced any breakouts or irritation from this at all.  I should mention though, that it does have a mild fragrance.  It's a bit powdery and reminds me of the baby lotions I use on my son...I actually find it soothing and comforting but if you're sensitive to scents, I wanted to mention it.
Overall, I'm really happy with the Skinfood Steam Milk Mask Cream and I'm not surprised, given the fact that I've loved every Skinfood product I've tried so far! Have you tried Skinfood yet? I'd love to hear about your favorite products!
You can purchase this cream at Urban Outfitters.

You May Also Like: 

3 comments

  1. This is really so nice and better for one to use the cream. Thanks for sharing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tempted to try it after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was all ready to buy until I read about the fragrance. Wish skincare companies would not ruin good formulas with fragrance or fragrant plant oil. Tho I do realize tons of people prefer a scented face cream. Great info tho enjoyed hearing about the company too. Will definitely check out more in their range.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig