Jordana Cat Eye Liner Review and Swatches

Jordana Cat Eye Liner ($2.99 at Walgreens) is new for Spring 2015 and I picked these up back in February when I first saw the display at my local Walgreens. 

There were 8 colors, most of which were really bright and bold. I ended up choosing black and brown...boring I know but I figured those were the shades I'd get the most use out of. 
The shades I chose are called 01 Black Leather and 02 Black Brown.
They come in long, slim tubes with a twist-off cap with the brush attached. The brush itself is micro-thin and flexible to help you achieve that perfect wing.


I did find the brush easy to work with due to it's small size...I could get right into my lash line. However, the formula tends to skip if you don't apply a lot of pressure. I don't want to press too hard because I'm afraid I'll lose the precision of the line since the brush is flexible, so instead, I drag the brush lightly across my lash line. The problem with that method is, if I do it too lightly, it skips about halfway across and I have to go back over it again.  You can see in the photo below where I eased up on the pressure on the black line just before the halfway point...it skips a little bit. Then I applied more pressure and it gets darker again.
The good news is, they dry super fast so if you have any skips, you can go right back over the line again with no problems.
I will say though, that these last until you take them off and don't smudge (at least on my dry skin). I tried to wash these swatches off with dish soap and it took a few minutes of scrubbing to get them off!
Overall, I like the thin line you can get with these and that they dry fast so there's no smudging and you can add layers for more intensity without waiting. The formula is a little problematic due to the skipping but it's not really a big deal for me to go over it again if I need to. I find that I can get a great cat eye with these as well! The flexible brush makes it super easy to curve the line...much easier than a rigid felt-tip pen.
Have you tried the Jordana Cat Eye Liners yet? What do you think?
You can purchase these at your local Walgreens or at Jordanacosmetics.com

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the review! I almost bought a couple a few days ago and now I'm glad I didn't.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig