Etude House Color In Liquid Lips for Spring 2015

Etude House Color in Liquid Lips ($9.50) is brand new for Spring 2015 and is described as a melted liquified lipstick with intense color and high shine and a see-through, light, non-sticky texture. I was so excited when Etude House asked me to review two different shades, and they also sent some fun extras...let's take a look! 
I chose the shade PK006 (a bright fuchsia pink) and BE101 (a light pinky nude). The packaging is adorable, like all Etude House products. The tubes look like an upside down lipstick!
The wand reminds me a lot of the L'oreal Infallible glosses with a wide middle, tapered ends, and a hole in the center. I really like this type of applicator because it allows you to lay down a lot of color in one swipe.



Here are the shades swatched on my arm...they pack quite a punch with one swipe! They go on very glossy but quickly settle into a satiny, semi-matte finish.  They're super lightweight and remind me of a less-matte version of NYX soft lip creams.
BE101, PK006
BE101 is that perfect pinky nude for a fair skinned girl like me.  It's the type of nude I can wear that doesn't totally wash me out.  This shade applied a little streaky, but once I built the color a little bit it was fine.
BE101
PK006 is a bright fuchsia that has blue undertones, so that makes this a bolder shade that will go really well with my cool-toned skin. Unlike BE101, this wasn't streaky at all during application and gave intense color right from the start.

To purchase Color in Liquid Lips, click here

Next, Etude sent me their Lip Plumper called Woo Baby- love the name! Haha.  It's $6, and is a high-volume, non-sticky lip plumper that provides plump, juicy lips with it's cooling and tingly menthol mint formula.

This also comes in a pink shimmery version, but this is a clear version (it looks blue, but goes on clear).
It comes with a little rubber spatula as an applicator which is definitely different! I thought I would have a hard time using it, but it's very flexible and soft so I was able to bend it around my lip contours easily enough.

Here's my before and after- I'm not sure it did much in the way to actually plump my lips, looking at the pictures.  It felt like my lips were getting bigger by the way it felt, but I can't really tell a difference in photos...maybe just slightly.
Before Woo Baby

After Woo Baby
Next, I got the Kissful Care Lip Scrub ($4.50).  This is a gentle sugar-based lip exfoliator that comes in a lip balm tube.


It looks like a clear gloss or balm but has sugar grains in it. It worked really well, despite being very gentle and my lips looked and felt smooth and soft afterwards.

The last product I got to try is the Cherry Lip Gel Patch ($2.50). I've always wanted to try these lip patches so I was excited when I got this.  This one is supposed to remove dead skin cells and add moisture and elasticity to the lips.



Sorry for this really scary photo...lol!! But it was much larger than I thought it was going to be. That's actually ok, because it actually treated the skin all the way around my lips too. It feels very soft and rubbery and it took a few tries to get it to stick to my face while I was sitting upright.  Once it was secure, it felt a little strange to not open my mouth for 10-15 minutes, but afterwards my lips and the skin around them were really soft and smooth.

Overall, I'm happy with the products I received this month...the only one that didn't really seem to work that well was the Lip Plumper, but I can just use it as a minty gloss or topcoat. What do you think of these Etude House lip products? Are you excited to try any of them?

To check out all of Etude House's products, please visit www.etudehouse.com.

**Disclosure- The products featured in this review were sent to me free of charge by a brand or PR agency. This in no way influenced my opinion of the products and I was not paid to write this review.**

4 comments

  1. The liquid lips are quite intriguing; how do they compare to the profusion feline lip lusters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're similar in terms of coverage but these feel more lightweight.

      Delete
  2. I almost fell over laughing at that pic with the big lips! All you need is a charcoal face mask :) That lip mask is so huge it looks like Botox-gone-bad theme. But seriously, glad to hear these products are working on your dry lips. I really wish Etude will open up shops in the USA or be sold at Target. They have some cute stuff that is good quality and innovative. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!! I wanted to laugh at myself when I looked in the mirror but I had to hold it together or the lip mask would have come off, lol. I wish they would come to the states too...they would be SO popular!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig