Dermalogica Precleanse Wipes and Oil Review

If you read the post that I did last summer on the Korean skincare routine, you know that I love a double cleanse at night. Before I started doing it, I always woke up in the morning with residual makeup on my face that I was positive I had removed.  If you've never heard of double cleansing, it's basically just an extra step in your skincare routine where you use a cleansing oil (or face wipe) to remove your makeup before using your regular cleanser. You would think that washing your face twice would make it dry, but precleanse oils are super nourishing so that doesn't happen. 
So needless to say, when I was invited to try Dermalogica's Precleanse Oil and Wipes, I jumped at the chance! I had never tried this brand before, and the only place I've seen it is at Ulta (and I don't have one near me, so I'm not there very often). Let's take a look...

Dermalogica is serious skincare...it was created by Jane Wurwand, the founder of the International Dermal Institute, a training school for skincare professionals. It claims to be the number one choice of skincare professionals worldwide! So while the packaging might look a little bit boring or plain, the ingredients inside are top-notch.


First, I tried the Precleanse Oil which is plant-based and contains Olive and Kukui Oils that melt through excess sebum, sunscreen, pollutants, and waterproof makeup. It has a thin, runny texture and it smells heavenly...like lemons (think lemon-sugar, not bathroom-cleaner lemon).
You are supposed to use this on a dry face with dry hands. I just massage it right in to my entire face, including my eyes (while they're closed, of course) and my makeup literally just melts off. After rinsing, my face feels super soft and smooth.  Then I use my Clarisonic with a gentle cleanser to clean deep into my pores. The best part is that since the oil takes my makeup off, I don't have to use a harsh, stripping cleanser afterwards since my makeup has been removed.

Next, I tried the Precleanse Wipes on a night when I was too tired to use the oil.  These wipes aren't very wet compared to others I've used in the past...they just felt slightly damp.  But then I read that you're supposed to use them all over your face, then wet them under the sink and go back over your face again to emulsify.  This worked much better!
These contain the precleanse oils so it's basically cleansing oil in an easy to travel towelette. I've seen reviews from people with oily skin saying that these felt too oily for them so just a heads up if you're oily! I have dry skin so it's no problem for me...especially if I wet the wipe and go over my face again.
The wipes are super soft, like your favorite t-shirt...I love the feel of them!  The only thing I'm not crazy about with these is the scent...they smell like alcohol, which made me think they would dry out my skin.  Thankfully, they didn't, and they also did a great job at removing all of my makeup.
Overall, I'm really impressed with the Dermologica Precleanse oil and wipes.  Now I want to try more products from the line!
Have you tried Dermologica? If so, what products do you like (or not like for that matter?)

To purchase or to find out more, please visit Dermalogica's website.

**Disclosure: These samples were provided to me free of cost by Dermalogica and the iFabbo network.  My opinions are all my own and I was not paid to write this review.**

You may also like:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig