Profusion Luxy Lips Review and Swatches

Oh man, do I have a cheap thrill for you! Look what I dug out of the $1 bin at Walgreens...Profusion Luxy Lips! At first glance, I thought these were just your run-of-the-mill lip glosses and I set them aside thinking I would review them at a later date.  Well, I decided to try one the other day and got a huge surprise! These are heavily pigmented, matte, lip paints.  Let's take a look...
I found 5 different shades but there could be more out there. That's all I was able to find...the bins at my Walgreens are all disorganized and like a rummage sale so I picked through what I could. They don't have names on the tubes either, so I'll just refer to them by their color during the review.

They come in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator.  The formula reminds me of OCC's Lip Tar...these can get messy, so applying them straight from the tube isn't the neatest way to apply these...a lip brush is probably way more effective.
When swatched, these are opaque and have a paint-like consistency.  They appear glossy at first, but that quickly goes away in a few minutes and you're left with a demi-matte finish. They have a faint bubblegum scent that reminds me of straight-up Bazooka Joe.


Nude, Pink, Purple, Orange, Red
These have a tendency to bleed outside my lips a bit, at least when I applied them straight from the tube. I think using a lip brush might help, or next time I'll try lip liner first.  For some reason, the nude shade felt drier than the others and applied more patchy.  The rest went on smoothly and stained my lips for the majority of the day.
Nude

Pink

Purple

Orange

Red
Overall, if you love OCC Lip Tars or the J.Cat Wonder Lip Paints, you'll love this bargain version-I just can't believe these are only $1 each!  If you live near a Walgreens that has the $1 bins, I highly recommend you check these out.

5 comments

  1. I went to Walgreens near my house as soon as I read this post but they don't have those $1 bins. So I went to 2 more Walgreens and finally found them, I was on a mission! I ended up getting the pink, purple and red ones. I didn't see the nude color or the orange but that's ok because those weren't my favorites anyway. I'm really looking forward to testing these out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah who knew pigment like this was hiding at the drugstore? I'm gonna have to go check them out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry... they look dry to me. Great colors for only one dollar... but hardly a lip "balm" ....there's just no shine or protective look... And I know some people want matte, which is something I personally prefer in lipstick.. but these look like they go on sticky and end-up dry. I will go on the hunt to actually try them out myself... perhaps over a nice liner and under a good gloss...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my super dry lips don't help! Haha. But they're not balms, they're like matte lip Paints so they are on the drier side for sure.

      Delete
  4. Wondering if they can be peeled off to create a lip stain :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig