Rimmel BB Cream Matte Review

Back in early December, I picked up two new formulas of Rimmel's BB Cream...Matte and Radiance ($6.99 Walgreens). I wasn't a huge fan of their original BB formula but I was still interested to see what the newer versions were like. So let's take a look!

I wanted to review the Matte BB Cream first since it was more highly requested from you guys than the radiance formula. It claims to be a 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup with a natural matte finish. It comes in 3 shades: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. I chose Light since BB creams are usually a little darker than you think they're going to be and the lightest shade is usually still too dark for the very fair skinned.
The 9 benefits are:
1. Minimize the Appearance of Pores.
2. Even Skin Tone
3. Mattify
4. Control Shine All Day
5. Smooth
6. Soothe
7. Conceal Dark Circles
8. Help Prevent Blemishes
9. Give All-Day Coverage



This also contains Bamboo Powder and Kaolin Clay to absorb oil and sebum, Witch Hazel and Salicylic Acid to reduce and prevent clogged pores, Algae Extract to rebalance the skin and make it smooth, and Glycerol to moisturize.


Rimmel BB Matte comes in a squeeze tube that's almost identical to their original BB, except that it has purple accents instead of blue and the tube has a matte finish instead of shiny.
Since I have dry skin, I'm always afraid to try matte products. The miniscule amount of oil I have in my skin is the only thing that keeps me from looking like one big flaky mess.  But I was pleasantly surprised by this one!  It had a semi-matte finish rather than a dry, powdery matte finish.  It felt creamy and moisturizing going on, rather than skipping across my skin like other matte products tend to do. Then it dried down into a matte finish that was more satin than powdery. I'm guessing that the fact this is a BB Cream and not a foundation helps, because BB Creams are supposed to be your skincare and foundation in one.  Usually they have a much dewier finish than foundation, so I think that's why this is more compatible with dry skin.
The Light shade was a tiny bit dark for me just like I figured, but BB Creams are also more forgiving when it comes to blending shades with your skin so this looks like a good match once blended.
It has amazing coverage for a BB Cream!  It actually covered just as well as the new L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation I reviewed last week and has the same gorgeous demi-matte finish.  But this is much more compatible with my dry skin, so I think I'm going to reach for this more, at least in the Winter.
Overall, I'd say that if you have dry skin and have been wanting to jump on the matte bandwagon, give this one a try!  If you're oily, it might still work for you given that it has oil-absorbing properties, but I'm not sure how it will hold up throughout the day.  On my dry skin it lasted a solid 6-8 hours before it started to fade a bit.
I'd love to hear from you if you've tried this one out or if you're thinking about buying it!

6 comments

  1. I think I might give this a try in the summer. Right now I don't find foundation too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great in the summer! In the winter I have to stick with dewier foundations for my dry skin, but this is the only matte product I've tried that agrees with me right now.

      Delete
  2. I have dry skin and I went out and bought this after reading your review. I am so happy with it. Finally I can wear matte without it clinging to my flaky areas and making my skin look duller than it already is. Hard to explain but it makes my skin glow-in a non shimmery way. It's matte but not powdery. I just love it! Thank you for your blog, it's my go-to for makeup reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the radiance one and would to see your thoughts! I feel this would be a better match for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it has the glow like the original korean bb cream. It looks more like a tinted moisturizer for me. BB cream gives a dewy look and brighten up the complexion. This one doesn't really have that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this ok for oily skin though?? what do y'all think?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig