Physicians Formula Argan Wear BB Cream Review

Physicians Formula has introduced a line of argan oil-infused cosmetics for Spring 2015 and I purchased a few of them to try since I have dry skin and they sounded perfect for me. I recently reviewed the Argan Blush (see that here) and the 100% Argan Oil (see that here) and I really liked both of them, so I was excited to try the BB Cream too. 
Looking at the ingredients, you can see that Argan Oil (Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil) is pretty close to the top of the ingredient list.  I was happy to see that because many times I've purchased a product that claims to contain argan oil, coconut oil, or another beneficial ingredient and it's listed at the very bottom of the ingredient list meaning that it contains a tiny fraction of the actual product. Unfortunately, they can still make the claim because it's technically in there. This BB Cream actually has a more substantial amount of argan oil and also gycerin and shea butter a little further down on the list.
The packaging is so cute...it's Moroccan-inspired and contained in a gold tube with an onion-shaped cap.  Unfortunately, the shape of the cap makes it impossible to stand it up, so if you're used to storing your BB Creams and foundations standing on their end, you won't be able to do that with this one....it only lays down.




This BB Cream is supposed to provide smooth coverage without a greasy feel, and gives the skin the benefits of a moisturizer, foundation, argan oil treatment, and SPF protection in one. According to the claims on the packaging, the argan oil inside the BB Cream is supposed to improve the skin's brightness, tone, texture, and elasticity, as well as smooth the appearance of fine lines and brighten dull skin. 
This cream feels a little thicker than other BB Creams I've tried but the coverage is still light-medium, not heavy.  It feels super moisturizing but after a minute or two, it dries to a satiny finish that's not dewy or glowy at all but it did make my skin look a little less dull.  It didn't settle into fine lines, wrinkles or accentuate dry patches at all and gave my skin a flawless look when built up to medium coverage. I started with a base coat and then built it up in areas where I needed more coverage and it didn't get cakey at all, it just sank in like a second skin.
I did notice that after a few uses, the oils in the product seemed to separate a bit when I squeezed it out of the tube, so I recommend shaking it first before using (it also says to do this on the packaging but I didn't see it the first time).
I purchase the shade Light and it also comes in Light/Medium.  I wish that Physicians Formula would start expanding their shades a bit because they tend to leave out fairer and darker skintones, concentrating on light to medium skintones. This was slightly darker than my skin and had a yellow base (I have pink undertones) but when blended out, it's a decent match.
While using this I found a striking similarity in texture, coverage, and even the scent to Benefit's You Rebel tinted moisturizer, which is now discontinued.  You Rebel didn't contain argan oil and the ingredients are quite different but they just feel and look the same.  I used You Rebel for years and I had the same minor issues with separation in the tube and it had the same super moisturizing feel that dried to a non-dewy satin finish.  So I'm happy to have found a dupe! 
Overall, I love this Argan BB Cream!  It's perfect for my dry skin on days when I don't need heavy coverage and it makes my skin feel smooth and look younger.  I'm not sure that oily skin types will find it as appealing due to the creamy feel, but it doesn't leave a greasy or glowy finish, so it's possible it would still work.  I'd love to hear from someone with oily skin who's tried this, or anyone else who has used it or is thinking about purchasing it.

You can find this at Ulta for $14.99

6 comments

  1. Oh I love your reviews! Want to try this and the blush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sonia! I'm really liking this and the blush is so pretty too! :)

      Delete
  2. I have oily skin, with some hyper-pigmentation here and there, and I have been loving this. I'm usually disappointed with BB creams--there just isn't enough coverage for me--but this gives me a natural, glowy look that blurs imperfections. It doesn't totally perfect by any means, but there's enough coverage that I've been wearing this everyday when I don't have to look "done up." And it doesn't turn my face into a greasepit, either! PF is really bringing some superior products to the table right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a redhead and I have rosacea on my cheeks and this gives just enough coverage, blurring as it says on the package. I'm excited to try the blush. For years I've used Bare Minerals, but it's getting expensive and now I don't have to worry about getting it on my dark clothes or having to fish a brush out of my make-up bag. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have extremely dry skin. Lately I've just been so frustrated with wearing foundation because no matter how I apply it (sponge, brush, fingers) it looks patchy and sticks to my dry skin weirdly after I apply it. Do you think this would be a good foundation to try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really dry skin too, so I know exactly what you mean! This goes on very smoothly, so it's a great option for dry skin. The only problem is that it's a BB Cream so it doesn't provide as much coverage as a foundation. You can build this up to get more coverage but if you need a lot of coverage you probably still need a foundation.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig