Sephora Jumbo Liner 12 Hour Waterproof Swatches and Review

I've been searching for a cream eyeshadow stick that won't crease or fade for years and have recently found my holy grail product in Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks (see my review here). But at $25 each, I knew I had to find a cheaper dupe or I'd go broke! 
The other day, I was at Sephora and came upon these 12 hour Jumbo Liners by Sephora's own private label. At $14, they're not exactly drugstore prices, but they're $11 less than Mally's Evercolor sticks which is significant! The question is...did they hold up? Let's find out!


What it Is: A jumbo eye pencil that can be used as eyeliner or eyeshadow.
What it Does: Resistant to water, heat, and humidity, these creamy pencils stay put for 12 hours.
What it Costs: $14
Where to Get It: Sephora stores and Sephora.com
Similar To: Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick
Quick Rating: Thumbs way up!

I chose the shade Taupe 04 out of 28 total shades. This line has a large variety of finishes from mattes to glitters, to shimmers.
This shade has a tiny bit of shimmer in it, but it's not obvious or glittery in any way. On the lid, it just translates to a beautiful shiny effect.
This crayon is so creamy and easy to work with. It glided across my lid so easily, I was sure that it wasn't going to hold up.
I was wrong!

I applied it around 10 am and did not use primer or any other eye makeup. I also applied it to my lower lash line, where I have the biggest problem with shadows and eyeliners migrating.
10 am- freshly applied.
 By 7pm, it hadn't creased at all, and although it wasn't quite as vibrant, the color was still even. It wore away a little in the inner corner of my eye, but not in a weird patchy way. It looked pretty much the way I applied it, just not as bright. Applying it over primer might solve that problem. Also, my lower lash line was still intact with no smudging at all!
7pm- going strong!
Overall, these crayons are amazing! They aren't greasy or heavy at all....they go on like a dream and dry to a super long lasting finish that doesn't budge.
My one and only complaint about these is that the cap does not fit tightly and keeps falling off. Not a dealbreaker, but I hope Sephora will fix that issue because even my cheap drugstore liners don't do that!
While these aren't cheap at $14 each, this is a mid-range product that performs just as well as it's higher-end counterparts.
I'm looking forward to trying more shades in the line, and I'm really hoping they come out with a gift set for holiday that has a few of these in it...we'll see

To purchase and see more reviews, please visit Sephora.com

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig