L'Oreal Magic BB Cream Anti-Fatigue Review and Swatches

Oompa-Loompa Doopity-Do, I have an or-ange primer for you...
...yeah, I wish I was joking.

Right off, I'm going to say that L'Oreal's new Magic BB Cream's Anti-Fatigue version wasn't a match for me. I thought the original version was OK when I reviewed it last year, although I still take issue with these being called BB Creams since they're really like a primer. But anyway, this year L'Oreal has released two color correcting versions...an Anti-Fatigue that's in an orange tube, and an Anti-Redness one that's packaged in a green tube.  I chose the Anti-Fatigue since I don't have too much redness to worry about and who doesn't want to look more awake?
The tube looks almost identical to the original Magic BB, except it's orange.
This is supposed to accomplish four things with one universal shade (that should have been my warning right there...rarely are universal shades "universal"):
1. Revive a tired complexion
2. Corrects the look of skin for a healthy looking, even complexion.
3. Hydrates for all day moisture.
4. Perfects complexion.




Right out of the tube, it looked like an orange sherbet color with little microbeads in it.
As I blended this on my fair skin, it just looked way too orange, but I hoped that once it was blended in all the way, it would look better.
I was wrong.  On my face, it looked like I had a spray tan gone wrong.  I'm not even sure how this lives up to it's other claims because I washed it off immediately, rather than walk around looking like an Oompa Loompa.  Of course, this might work out really well on someone with medium or darker skin tones, but on fair skin, it's a major fail (darn those universal shades!)
So aside from the fact that this isn't really a BB Cream, but is more of a color correcting primer, the orange shade proved to be too much for my fair skin. Rather than color correct my skin by making it look less fatigued, this made me want to correct what it did to my face...by washing it off!
I'd love to hear from someone with a darker complexion to see how it worked for you! It's possible that it works wonders on other skin tones, I don't know.
I picked this up at Harmons for around $8. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig