Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum Review

Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum ($45) is for those who want brighter skin with less dark spots.  I am so excited that Target carries the Laneige line, since it's made by the luxury Korean brand Amore Pacific and is way more affordable (although still not cheap). I've been using this for about a month now, ever since I started my Korean skincare routine and I wanted to share my thoughts on it.


This serum contains Melacrusher technology which helps to break down melanin in the skin and eliminate tri-colored undertones (red, yellow and dark) which results in skin that is 2 tones brighter!

Melacrusher has three key ingredients:

Truffle Yeast Extract
An effective anti-oxidant and anti-yellowness care, this ingredients triggers the autophagy to digest toxins, waste and impurities (main causes of yellowish skin) when they accumulate in skin cells. Also contains ample minerals and moisturizing elements to boost the skin's health and natural glow.

Green Tea extract
A mild yet whitening agent, Green Tea effectively reduces melanin products and facilitates the release of melanin. Also a strong moisturizing agent.

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
An effective anti-oxidant that helps to restore healthy color to the skin by strengthening blood vessels in the dermis and helps block melanin transfer to achieve brighter skin. It is also an effective anti-redness care, which helps remove melanin and soothes the skin.


The instructions on the box say to use this after your emulsion, which is the reverse order of my skincare routine.  I always use products from the lightest weight to the heaviest, so I actually apply this before emulsion, since this is a serum and it's lighter than the emulsion (light moisturizer) I use. 

Here's the rest of the ingredients panel:


It comes in a beautiful bottle with a dropper.  You only need a tiny bit to cover your whole face.
The product itself is a thin white serum that feels somewhat moisturizing when you apply it, but not overly so.


After only a few nights, I noticed my skin looking brighter, and after two weeks, there was an noticeable improvement in the sun spots and freckles across my cheeks and under-eye area.  I never realized how bad it had gotten over the years until they started to fade, and one day I looked in the mirror and realized my skin looked good without makeup. As a result, I've been using less foundation and have switched to BB Cream. Not only have my spots faded, but my skin looks brighter and more luminous overall.
I would imagine that since this inhibits melanin production, you need to wear this every day and make sure to wear sunscreen or the spots will come back at some point.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum.  It's hands down the best whitening treatment I've ever used and it makes such an amazing difference in how your skin looks!

To purchase, please visit your local Target or Target.com.

1 comment

  1. Hi - could you tell if this has a scent? I am super sensitive, but the product sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig