Julep Maven August 2014 Modern Beauty Box Review

My first subscription box of August has arrived and as usual, it's Julep Maven. I actually remembered to login to my account last month on the 20th to preview the boxes and decided to stick with the modern beauty box since the nail polishes in the other boxes were similar to ones I already have.
This month's Modern Beauty box features a 5 color eyeshadow palette and a waterproof eyeliner. Take a look!

The Sweep Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral ($24) contains 5 eyeshadows. I found the shades to be really pretty and flattering and they're very soft and highly pigmented.
From the Julep Website:

What it is:
A palette of five universally flattering eyeshadows with reparative benefits.
Tiramisu (nude satin)
Glow (golden shimmer)
Dusk (mauve satin)
Toffee (bronze shimmer)
Cocoa (chocolate brown with gold shimmer)



What it does:
  • Layers and blends to create a variety of gorgeous eye looks
  • Treats your eyelids to the smoothing, nourishing benefits of Power Cell Complex™, a Julep-exclusive blend of age-defying, skin-boosting, ultra-hydrating ingredients:
  • Rosehip seed oil delivers essential nutrients to soothe and repair.
    Malvaceae Lipid Extract™ improves barrier function so skin retains moisture.

    Green coffee bean oil invigorates skin & promotes cell turnover.



    Gel Eye Glider in Smoky Taupe Shimmer ($16).
    I was unsure about a taupe eyeliner because I didn't think it would show up very well and I typically use dark eyeliners for a nice contrast. But this color is actually closer to gunmetal gray/brown than taupe. It's a gorgeous shade and I'm loving the softer effect on my eyes. I'm so used to wearing black liner it's a nice switch.

    From the Julep website:
    What it is:
    Clinically proven to last for 10+ hours, this easy-to-use eye pencil delivers the creamy formula & intense color payoff of a gel eyeliner. The waterproof formula glides on, sets in 30 seconds, and then stays put. Because eyeliner shouldn’t stand in the way of adventures.
    Choose from:
    Rich Brown
    Blackest Black
    Smoky Plum
    Smoky Taupe Shimmer



    What it does:
  • Glides on smoothly with no dragging or pulling
  • Delivers rich, intense color that sets in 30 seconds
  • Lasts for 10+ hours of wear (it’s clinically proven!)

  • This does, in fact have serious staying power. When I went to wash this swatch off of my arm, it wouldn't budge! I had to scrub and scrub with dish soap to get it off and even then you could still see it. It goes on so smoothly and softly, yet it sets in 30 seconds and doesn't come off.


    Overall I'm really happy with this month's Julep box! I don't think I've ever had one I didn't like, and I enjoy the full sizes since most of my other boxes have mainly samples.
    This box cost $19.99 and it had $40 worth of product inside (which I've found to be the same every month, give or take a couple of dollars).
    If you join Julep this month, you get a free Summer Nights box, using the code SIZZLE below- a set of three gorgeous nail polishes, plus an eyeliner and sharpener, worth $64!
    Julep Beauty Inc.

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig