Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Review

Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare is a line that's exclusive to Target, and I was super happy to see a lower priced option from this brand since I love their Monoi line (the anti-breakage spray is a HG product for me! See my review here). 
These products are priced about $6 below the Monoi line and are also anti-breakage.  Although these products are found in the Ethnic hair care aisle at Target, I am Caucasian with fine, damaged blonde hair and these work like a dream for me.  They contain natural moisturizers instead of silicones that can be heavy and weigh down you hair.  I'll get more in depth with ingredients and how they perform below.


First is the Sulfate-Free Shampoo ($12).  Similar to the Monoi line, this contains:
• Coprah Coconut Oil 
• Tiare Gardenia
• Shea Butter 
• Moringa Seed Oil 
• Hibiscus Extract 
• Vegetable Protein 
• Silk

It comes in a pump bottle, which I absolutely love- it's so easy to use in the shower!  Since it's sulfate-free, I find that if I skip a day and my hair is oily, or if I have too much product in my hair, it doesn't lather up as well as when I use it daily.  I think the lack of a harsh detergent has a bit of trouble cutting through buildup. To remedy this, I just rinse and wash it a second time and then it lathers up nicely.  I would much rather wash my hair twice than use a shampoo that cuts through grease easily but strips my hair in the process.
Here's the description:

PROVEN TO INSTANTLY STOP SHEDDING AND FRIZZ! 
No Sulfates, No Parabens, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors, No Petroleum 

FOR DAMAGED, FRAGILE, FRIZZY & UNRULY HAIR. 
Only healthy, fortified hair can be frizz-free hair. That’s why this sulfate-free, color-safe strengthening shampoo is a must-have to reinforce damaged hair that’s prone to breakage and frizz. Made with strand-strengthening Coprah Coconut Oil, this sacred, protein-rich ingredient is blended with the Tiare Gardenia Flower, frizz-stopping Shea Butter and Moringa Seed Oil, so it not only cleanses and detangles, but restores strength for smooth, flyaway-free hair. 


The full ingredients list- click on the photo to enlarge.

Next is the Restoring Hair Mask $15.  This is a luxurious conditioner that you leave on for 5-7 minutes.  I use it once a week because I find that out of all the products, this does weigh down my hair a little bit.  I use the regular fortifying conditioner ($14) every day, but I use this on Sundays for some extra TLC and just put my hair up in a ponytail. After having a baby, I was noticing tons of hair in the drain from hormonal changes but after using this mask along with the whole Sacred Tiare line, it's been slowing down to the point where I barely notice any hair in the drain!
Here's the description:

PROVEN TO INSTANTLY STOP SHEDDING AND FRIZZ! 
No Parabens, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors, No Petroleum 

FOR DAMAGED, FRAGILE, FRIZZY & UNRULY HAIR. 
Ensuring your hair is healthy and fortified is the only way to keep it frizz-free. To really restore damaged hair that’s prone to breakage and frizz requires major nourishment found in this deeply restoring hair mask. Made with strand-strengthening Coprah Coconut Oil, this sacred, proteinrich ingredient is blended with the Tiare Gardenia Flower, reviving Shea Butter, and Babassu Oil to leave hair sleek and strong. 


Powerful ingredients at work: 
• Coprah Coconut Oil 
• Tiare Gardenia 
• Shea Butter 
• Moringa Oil 
• Babassu Oil 
• Hibiscus 
• Silk 
• Olive Oil 
• Pro-vitamin B5


Here's the full ingredient list:

The Smoothing Serum $15, is probably my favorite product in the line so far.  Unlike most smoothing serums that just mend your hair temporarily with a coat of silicone, this has no silcones or mineral oil. It actually repairs the hair from the inside out, not just cover up the problem. I use this on damp hair before blow-drying but it can also be used to smooth dry hair after styling. It contains these super nourishing oils:
Coprah Coconut Oil 
• Tiare Gardenia 
• Argan Oil 
• Candlenut Oil 
• Safflower Oil 
• Watermelon Seed Oil 
• Grapeseed Oil 
• Olive Oil 
• Rose Oil 
• Galanga Root

Here's the description and ingredients (click to enlarge):
After using this line for a few weeks, my hair is noticeably shinier, healthier and isn't falling out anymore.  It feels so soft I can't stop touching it, and that's a big deal for me since I was born with dry skin and hair and bleaching it blonde makes it even worse.  I've had luck with some products making it feel soft and smooth but it was only a temporary effect and after a while, the silicones would build up on my hair and make it look dull.

Plus, the scent of this line is delicious!  Similar to Monoi, but not exactly, it smells like Tiare flowers and coconut.  Last time I took my son to the doctor for his checkup, I had just used the Sacred Tiare shampoo and restoring mask and put it up in a bun, still damp. When the nurse came in she stopped and said, "what perfume are you wearing, it smells amazing!" and I told her I wasn't wearing any...maybe it was my hair?  She leaned over toward my head and said, "yup!".  It really is such a beautiful scent- beachy but not in a suntan lotion sort of way.

Even though this line is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands, if you have dry damaged hair of any texture, you should give this a try!  Even if you just get the restoring mask or the serum, it makes a difference in how your hair feels and behaves.  I just found out that they also make a Sacred Tiare Anti-Breakage spray conditioner (like my beloved Monoi Anti-Breakage spray maybe!??) so I'll definitely have to get that now (they didn't have it at my local Target, but they do online).
Have you tried any of Carol's Daughter products?  What did you think of them?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig