L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation Review and Swatches

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation is a new product for Summer 2014 that I wanted to review the minute I saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond!  It cost $12.49 and comes in a 1.3oz. tube. I posted full photos of the display at the store yesterday (see that here)
loreal visible lift blur foundation
This foundation claims to, "Instantly blur lines, spots and uneven texture for younger looking skin in just seconds.  Skin feels touchably soft and smooth.
loreal visible lift blur foundation





Visible Lift Blur Foundation has a twist-off cap and dispenses through a small hole.  I prefer pumps, but this is at least better than a jar in terms of neatness and hygiene. I found it very easy to use and dispense the right amount of product.
loreal visible lift blur foundation
One thing that surprised me about this foundation was that I expected it to be thick like Miracle Blur, but it lacked the heavy silicone feel that the primer has.  You can still feel the silicone in the Blur foundation, but it's extremely creamy and smooth.  I chose shade 203 Nude Beige, which is the third-lightest shade (it starts with 201) and there are 12 shades in all.  I found this to be a really good color match for my skin.  This photo is the underside of my arm, which is paler than my face, so the foundation was really a perfect match.
loreal visible lift blur foundation swatch
I loved how smooth this feels when blending it out on the skin.  As it warms up, it melts in and your skin starts to feel like velvet.  At first, I freaked out because it started to take on a powdery matte finish and as I was blending I saw it starting to accentuate dry patches and baby hairs.  But as I blended, that aspect of it went away- phew!  I thought it was odd, considering the Visible Lift line is targeted toward more mature skin, which is usually dry.  I like that it has a more satin-matte finish for summer- I really don't want to look dewy.  I let it sink in and after a few minutes checked the mirror- my skin was absolutely glowing, and looked airbrushed.
loreal visible lift blur foundation swatch
I don't think this blurs in the same way Miracle Blur does by filling in lines and pores- Visible Lift Blur seems to optically blur them.  It doesn't have that thick, spackle-like primer texture and I didn't feel like it would "fill" my fine lines. But it does give the skin an ethereal quality due to teeny tiny shimmer particles.  I literally had to swatch it on my arm and hold it under a light and look really closely to see any shimmer, so don't be afraid that this will make you look like a disco queen.  I would say it has medium to full coverage- it got rid of redness and covered minor imperfections. Wear time wasn't horrible, but I noticed that my nose was red again after about 3-4 hours.  But the rest of my face still seemed to have coverage for a few hours past that. My nose is always the first thing to show through for some reason.

Overall, I really like Visible Lift Blur foundation.  It feels nice, covers well, and gives the skin a beautiful airbrushed glow.  What do you think?  Have you tried this, or do you want to?

2 comments

  1. What is your favourite drugstore foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there's a few that I really love, but probably my favorite is L'oreal True Match Lumi. I also love their Magic Nude and Visible Lift Blur. For me, L'oreal has the best foundations overall! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig