Julep Maven Modern Beauty Box June 2014 Reveal

I got my Julep Maven box on Saturday and was surprised as it seemed like it was early this month. But then again, its always the first one to arrive each month so who knows?
Well, I did it again! I forgot to switch my style profile so instead of 3 nail colors or 2nail colors plus a beauty product, I got the Modern Beauty box with 2 beauty products. I could have sworn they said when I signed up that they would email a reminder when it was time to switch boxes if you wanted something different, but I just went to the site and it said to just login between the 20th and 24th of each month. Huh...so I guess I've been waiting for an email reminder that wasn't coming! Time to put it on my phone calendar...
As a reminder, here are the Style Profiles you can choose from each month-
Julep Beauty Inc.
So here's what I got for June. Technically these are nail products, but since they aren't color, I guess Julep is considering them to be "beauty products". They also included some square nail files and Pixi Stix (which I haven't had since I was like 14...yum!).

julep maven modern beauty 2014



The products that were included are the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat and the Oxygen Nail Treatment.
julep maven modern beauty 2014
The Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat, $18 sounds like a great product to have on hand, and even though this box was a bit boring to me this is still something that I should have in my nail polish drawer, and I never think to buy it for myself.  I'm always more interested in buying bright colors and less interested in treatments. This Base Coat fills in ridges and gives your nails a smooth matte canvas for the polish to adhere to.  So using this will make my manicures look a lot better and last longer.
julep oxygen smoothing base coat
The Oxygen Nail Treatment, $18 sounds intriguing- it gives a hint of tint and conditions and restructures weak brittle nails in just 4 weeks, all while allowing the nails to breathe.  I put it on one nail to see what the color looked like and it was really pretty- high gloss and a light pink that just made my nails look really healthy. The problem is, we're going into the summer season when I wear nail polish the most and I don't think I can go 4 weeks without a color on my nails.  I usually change it up every 5 days or so, so I'm not sure that I would use this.
julep oxygen nail treatment

Also, Julep has a new option other than the $19.99 a month box...for $24.99, you can switch out products not just boxes, so if you like a polish from the Boho Glam Box and one from the It Girl box, you can mix and match and make your own customized box! Sometimes I feel like that would be great and prevent disappointment if I don't like a box, but other times I think I like getting surprised each month. I haven't logged in to switch my box for months now, so they've all been total surprises to me.

So all in all, this month's box was a bit of a letdown, especially after the last box was so great.  Plus, they advertise that for $19.99 a month, you get $40+ worth of product which is usually the case, but this month I only got $36 worth (unless maybe they're counting the nail files and Pixi Stix).  Oh well, I haven't had any complaints since I started getting Julep about 6 months ago, so this is the first box I wasn't crazy about.  It happens to even the best subscriptions once in a while.

If you'd like to check out Julep and get a FREE 5 piece gift worth $80, click on the link below.  Use the code HELLOYOU at checkout once you take the quiz. 

Julep Beauty Inc.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig