BareMinerals Well-Rested Eye and Face Brightener Review and Swatches

BareMinerals Well-Rested ($22) is an eye and face brightener that comes in a twist-up pen with a brush applicator. It's not a new product- it's been around a while but the other day, I was playing in Sephora (did I mention that's always a bad idea for me?) and I happened to try this. Once I did, I was hooked and had to have it! Have a look...




 According to the packaging, this not only brightens and diffuses flaws instantly, it also contains ingredients to minimize dark spots and discolorations for good.
 The brush makes this easy to apply because of its small size- you can really get around the eyes easily with it. Then I blend it out with my fingers.
 This is not a concealer- it doesn't hide or cover anything. If you have really dark circles, you'll still want to use your normal undereye products first. It's a white, pearly liquid that's quite thin in consistency, so it doesn't cake, sit in creases or make the eye area look older. If my under eye circles are particularly dark, I'll use concealer first, wait for it to set and dab this on top for extra oomph. But most days I can get away with just using this and foundation because it really brightens the skin nicely!
Here it is blended out a little but not quite all the way.

The middle section of this next photo is after it's been blended out completely. See how my skin just looks lighter and brighter in the center of the photo?
Well-Rested can also be used anywhere on the face you want to add a touch of light, such as the tops of your cheekbones or cupid's bow.  I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to applying highlighters or anything shimmery to my face, but this doesn't intimidate me because its so subtle- it has more of a pearl finish than shimmery. So I can use this to highlight and not worry about it being too much.

This is one of those products you don't realize you need until you try it and then it's too late. Stop in to your local Sephora or Ulta and swatch some on your arm- you may fall in love with it like I did.

Yes, at $22 this is a bit pricey, but I'm going to go ahead and call this Splurgeworthy because there's really nothing like it for less - at least that I've come across yet.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig