Discontinued Beauty Products I Wish They'd Bring Back!

The other day, I bought a salt spray for my hair and was talking to someone about the BEST one I've ever used, John Frieda's Beach Blonde Ocean Waves.  That got me thinking about all of the beauty products I have loved and lost over the years and I thought I'd compile a list to see if you all felt the same way.  Maybe if we get enough people to respond, we can bring some of these things back...who knows?  It's worth a try! Here they are in no particular order-

John Frieda's Beach Blonde Collection- 
I adored most of this collection . The Ocean Waves Sea Salt Spray was about 2/3 salt water mixture and 1/3 light oils that floated on top.  You mixed them together and it gave you the beach-iest waves that smelled like coconut.  I know a lot of people who miss this product, and it may have been discontinued due to low popularity at the time, but c'mon!  Salt sprays are really big- everyone makes one, so maybe they were just ahead of their time.  I bet if they reintroduced it now it would sell like crazy.  They're going for $150 and up on Ebay.  Seriously.




Another product in the Beach Blonde collection was the Sun Streaks Highlighting Gel.  I took this to the beach with me every day of my vacation that year and twisted it into my dirty blonde strands, let it bake in the sun and when I came home and washed it out, my hair was noticeably lighter.  By the end of my vacation, I had surfer blonde locks.  By the following year, I couldn't find this anymore and was so upset. Sun-In just isn't the same- this was so easy to apply to just selected strands with no overspray (and no orange hair either).

Beach Blonde Life Preserver Hair Conditioning Oil- a blend of Mango, Jojoba and Coconut Oils for the hair...sound familiar?  Hair oils are so big right now that this would have fit right in.  Again I say this line was just ahead of it's time.  No one used hair oils back then, but people would be all over this now.  

Gap Om Perfume- This was a warm, sweet, snuggly fragrance that reminded me of wearing my boyfriend's sweater after he left and I could faintly smell his cologne on it.  I worked there when they first came out with their fragrances- Om, Dream, Heaven, Grass, Earth, and Day.  The first three were my favorites, Grass interesting but I never wanted to wear it, and the last two I pretty much just didn't like.


Urban Decay Lickable Shimmer Powders- These were scrumptous.  They literally tasted like their names and they came in adorable little boxes with a pouf that you could use to dust yourself with the powder before a night out.  The Marshmallow one was a silvery white shimmer, while the Caramel, Honey and Cocoa were varying shades of bronze.  There were other flavors but these four were my favorites.





Naturistics Sweet Lips Gloss-  These glosses in the metal tubes were so awesome- they went on smoothly, had great shine, and the flavors were so yummy!  These have a 5 out of 5 rating on MakeupAlley so I don't know why they were discontinued...people obviously loved them!

Bonne Bell Bottled Emotions Perfumes- These little sprays smelled so good!  They had names like Hopeful, Pretty, Romantic, Powerful, Shy, Flirty, Lucky and Sassy.  I had Flirty and Shy- those were my favorites.  Everyone I knew had at least a couple of these.

Redken Active Express Line- This line of Shampoo, Conditioner and Quick Treat spray gave my fine hair bounce and volume plus shine and heat protection.  Normally volumizing products don't have enough moisture and moisturizing products don't give enough volume, but this had both.  

Maybelline Kissing Potion- This is going way back to the 80's but man I loved this stuff!  It was totally clear gloss in a roller ball glass tube and it was so super shiny and felt amazing!  Plus the flavors were delicious- I can still taste the Cherry Smash one.  

Anna Sui Sui Dreams Perfume- This perfume was my favorite for many years-it was blue and came in a little purse shaped bottle.  I was a soft and pretty citrus floral combo with a warm drydown of vanilla, sandalwood and nutmeg.  Everywhere I went, people complimented this fragrance.  I have since run out but I think my sister still has some...I'm jealous!

Benefit Georgia Peach Powder- This literally was a peaches and cream complexion in a box.  This powder looked good on everyone and smelled faintly of peaches.  It was more of a silky finishing powder than a blush- I dusted it all over my face and it gave a nice fresh glow.


Lancome Aroma Tonic Body Treatment Spray-  This was a product that people I knew either loved or hated, but most of them loved it, as did I.  It was so refreshing and had green notes of tea, cardamom, apricot and ginger.  It was a real pick-me-up after a shower, especially in the summertime.  I heard that there's a whole Facebook group dedicated to bringing this back and that Lancome is considering it!  Fingers crossed!

Benefit Hollywood Glo- This highlighter was the best!  The packaging was so retro and the golden champagne color was beautiful!  It lasted for a long time on the skin and I always got compliments when I wore it!
Clairol Loving Care- This hair color covered grays and refreshed your color without ammonia, peroxide or PPD (which causes allergic reactions in some people).  I loved it because it didn't cause damage at all- it just gave you a nice color boost.  Since it was discontinued, I've started to get some grays and now I really miss it! Regular hair color makes my scalp itch like crazy and I'm afraid I'm starting to develop an allergy.  It would be nice if there was something gentle like this on the market again, but sadly there isn't!

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I'm going to start a Pinterest board that I'll add to as I think of things. If you want to see any of the products on the board come back, just click "like" and who knows, maybe if enough people like it, I can let the company know that there's interest and see what happens!

What discontinued products do you miss/can't live without?  Leave them in the comments and I'll add them to my Pinterest board.








No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig