Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara Review

Yesterday I posted some photos of new products at Walgreens on my Facebook page, one of which was Maybelline's new Pumped Up! mascara.
On a side note, if you haven't liked the Budget Beauty Blog on Facebook yet, you're missing out! I post all of the new products I see out at the drugstores in real time, so you don't have to read the blog to find out about the newest product launches.


Pumped Up! Colossal is supposed to give up to 16x more volume. It doesn't say anything about length but I find that all mascaras give at least a little bit.
                           

 As a child of the 80's, I kind of have a thing for hot pink, so I love the packaging, with it's neon yellow writing and bullet shape. It's very 80's cool.

 The brush is the kind that's wider in the middle and tapered on the ends. I don't have much luck with this kind of brush unless its curved because while I'm getting my corner lashes with the tapered side, the wider part is smushing into my other lashes, getting in the way and smudging up my eyelids.

Before:

After:
 Overall this gave me decent volume but I found the formula to be wet and the brush a little tricky to control. I also had some lashes sticking together and had to work hard to create separation.
I like a false lash look and this one just didn't give me the "wow" I was looking for.

Would you try this one or pass on it?

2 comments

  1. As a cosmetologist and a makeup artist, I love trying all the new products that come out on the market. But I love reading your blog because I often find that we have the same opinions about most of the beauty products out there. So if I haven't tried something yet and I'm wondering whether I should, I just look at what you say about the product, and I know if I should buy it or not. It's great to know if something is good or not before you waste money on it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! I just make sure to be as honest as possible, even when brands give me products because it doesn't do anyone any good to rave about something that's not up to par. It makes my day to know that my reviews help you, so thank you! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig