Hard Candy CC Color Correcting Tinited Moisturizer Stick Review

I don't usually shop at Walmart, I'm more of a Target girl.  But every now and then, I pop in just to check out what's new with Hard Candy since Walmart is the only place you can buy it.  They have a bunch of new products out for Spring 2014 and I picked up 5 or 6 different things, including the Highlight and Contour for Cheeks that I reviewed last week.  
Another new product for Spring is the CC Tinted Moisturizer.  This reminded me right away of Tarte's new Colored Clay CC Primer Stick.  Both have green and purple pigments in the stick to color correct redness and sallowness. I'll compare the two later in the post, but first, I wanted to talk about the Hard Candy version.  

This comes in 6 shades, and I chose Fair which was the lightest one, since Light (the next shade up) looked too dark.  This looks like a twist-up foundation stick but has color surrounding a green and purple marbled core.  This is where the color correction comes in, since green corrects red in the skin and purple brightens dull or sallow skin.


Here's a swatch of Fair on my skin..it's actually a pretty close color match, other than being a bit yellow, but that's the story of my life. Most foundations are yellow based since that's what 80% of people have.  I'm one of those weirdos with pink undertones in my skin.


So I'm sad to say this product was a waste of $7 for me. The color correcting aspect was okay, but I barely noticed because there was a more pressing issue- this clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had  even over primer, and produced a fuzzy, flaky texture that is so not sexy.  Check out my chin below.


So how does it compare to Tarte's CC Stick?  

Tarte's version did the exact same thing for me, so maybe these aren't meant for people with dry skin.  I'd love to hear from you if you're oily and this did or didn't work for you!  
I'll post this as a dupe on my Pinterest dupes board because they performed the same, at least on me.  I personally wouldn't recommend either, but it's hard for me to say that this won't work for someone with a different skin type than me.  
So if you're in the market for a CC Stick, try Hard Candy's for $7 before you drop $34 on Tarte's version.  

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm pale with the rare pink undertones, too, so I know what you mean about yellow foundation! The tarte CC primer in fair is way too yellow (and even too dark) for me, so looks like the HC version is a pass as well. Besides, no one wants to highlight dry patches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Tarte's and had the same experience with the dry patches. I had seen some reviews on makeupalley saying the same thing but I dont have dry skin so I thought it would be ok. Needless to say it went back to Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm one of those weirdos with pink undertones in my skin." That made me giggle! I'm also fair with cool undertones. I like to think of it as being a rare diamond! ;) I have dry skin already, so I'm glad you posted this; I know to pass on this product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, yes a rare diamond sounds much better, haha! But seriously the beauty industry makes me feel like an outcast when I can never find a true foundation match. I know we're in the minority but I wish more drugstore brands would include pink tones in their shade ranges. I have no trouble finding it in high end makeup but who wants to spend $40+ on foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this and it looks good on my skin. It leaves a powdery finish on my skin and I love it. I believe that people with dry skin will really have difficulties using it since it will really look flaky, but you must try it if you're not. I also use Misha concealer for my scars that I got from my allergy. It's a good cover up. 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I have oily skin so I may try it then!:)I love the idea of the green/purple,as I am ruddy. afraid it wouldn't have coverage as a tinted moisturizer, at the same time I am trying to get away from foundation, it has too much coverage. I am in between, igive this a go.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig