Amlactin Review


I recently had the opportunity to try 4 Amlactin products, and I am loving them! If you have dry skin like I do, you probably have a million bottles of lotion lying around that don't really fix the problem. If you've been hesitant to try Amlactin because its a little more expensive than a lot of other drugstore lotions, and don't want to add yet another lotion to your collection, I can pretty much promise you, that won't happen. 
Here's why its different...Amlactin contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids, which slough off dead, dry skin and help it to retain moisture. If you have dry skin, regular lotions don't give lasting results because the layer of flaky skin sitting on top doesn't allow the moisture to penetrate. Gently exfoliating that layer allows moisture to get down into the skin and protect it. 
There are four different Amlactin products, each different in their own way, but all contain those Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Take a look! 


The Hydrating Body Cream is the thickest formula for the body and its what I started with because my skin was a mess from the winter. I had cracks and splits in my hands and chalky white knees and ankles (attractive I know).  I used this thick cream every night before bed and each morning, my skin looked better and better! My legs were in particularly bad shape with dry patches and bumps and they now look smooth and more even after using this for a few nights. I'll continue to use this thick cream on my knees, elbows and hands since they always can use extra moisture. Below is a swatch of the Hydrating Body Cream.


Next up is the Moisturizing Body Lotion. This comes in a white pump bottle with green accents (I'm using a sample so it's not a pump) and is the thinnest and lightest of the formulas. It still packs an exfoliating punch at 12% lactic acid. I use this every day after my shower since its lightweight and dries quickly. It keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day.



Next is the Cerapeutic Moisturizing Body Lotion. The bottle is just like the last one but with blue accents instead of green. This lotion is medium weight and I would say it's in between the Moisturizing Cream and the Moisturizing Lotion in the green bottle as far as thickness. This one contains three essential ceramides, which are natural lipids found in our skin's surface that help prevent moisture loss (people with dry skin don't have enough of these, naturally). I've been using this at night now, after the first couple of nights using the thicker cream. I love this and my skin is starting to act differently in that it stays hydrated throughout the day and night. 



Last but not least is the Amlactin Foot Cream. This treatment is the thickest of the four and is the best foot cream I've ever tried! I slather it on at night, put on a pair of socks, and wake up with baby soft feet. Over time, it smoothes the calluses but you'll notice the rough areas are a great deal smoother after the first night. Sandal season is coming, so I'm really glad I have this!


Overall, I really recommend Amlactin for anyone who has dry skin, from mild to severe.  These products have changed my skin in a way that regular moisturizers couldn't. I'm looking forward to having smooth, even skin that I can show off this summer. 
To find out more and get a coupon for $3 off, please visit Amlactin's website (coupon under Special Offers tab.
Have you tried Amlactin? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

*Disclosure-These samples were sent to me for a review by a PR company or brand and in no way influenced my opinion of the product.

3 comments

  1. This looks like just what I've been looking for. I too have dry flaky skin and nothing, I mean nothing helps. I have seen this in Walgreen's but admittedly, I didn't really read the bottle, just figured it was another "dry skin lotion" and it cost like, $15 so I passed on it right away. I knew they had alpha Hydroxy products for your face but didn't know there were body lotions with them! So I am going to the site and printing a coupon to try this. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use one of these on your face, or is it just body lotion? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. For almost 20 years I could only use chamberlain golden touch lotion. My dry skin is bad that as a child I had to sleep every night with petroleum jelly on and wrapped in sara wrap. Even then my skin would Crack during the day like a dry desert and bleed. I did not wear and clothes that showed my skin. Golden touch lotion could only be bought on line and it was not easy to find. I was tired of the Hassell. I cannot remember how I found amlactin but I am glad I did. I have used it for a year now and I have softer skin then anyone I know. My dry skin I completely gone and my skin stays moisturized and supple until I shower. That is the only time I use it....right out of the shower and I never have to reapply. 7.9 ounces at cvs is 19.00 but worth every single penny. I would pay 40.00 if I had to and it's so concentrated it lasts me at least 3 weeks and that's using it every day every where.....I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig