NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation Review and Swatches Porcelain

NYX has launched a bunch of new products for Spring 2014, and I ordered several of them to try since I love NYX products for the most part.  One that I was really drawn to was the Invincible Foundation- it states that it's fullest coverage and while my skin isn't terrible, I find that most drugstore foundations don't cover everything.  You can still see my red nose and some freckling on my cheeks coming through.  I wanted something that I could use when I have a special occasion or just want to look flawless.

This foundation costs $12 at NYX.com and I selected the shade Porcelain, which says "Light Complexion with a Pink Undertone".  They have two shades that are for fair skin that are lighter than this, and 15 shades all together.  I was impressed that they had shades for pink undertones as they are hard to find!  I heard a statistic once that 80% of the population has yellow undertones which is why most foundations are yellow-based, so I'm in the minority and most foundations look yellow on me.


This comes in a .85oz tube and is easy to dispense.  


I found this shade to be quite orange on me, despite the "pink undertone" claim.  Hmmm...



I'm a little disappointed, as this is not full coverage and certainly not "fullest coverage".  To me that would be like tattoo-covering power and this is medium to full at best.  That being said, it does give better coverage than I've found with most drugstore foundations and it didn't cake on my dry skin (I used Garnier's 5 Second Blur Primer beforehand).  It has a satin finish that's neither matte nor dewy, and I like that (when you have dry skin, the word matte is terrifying!).

Once I blended it out, the color wasn't bad, but I'm a little sad that it wasn't as described.  Maybe I should have opted for one of the fair shades, but they only had one with a yellow undertone and one with a beige undertone. Oh well...it's hard to choose the right color when you're ordering online. 

Overall, despite the color and the fact that it's not "fullest" coverage, I was still able to cover my red nose by adding a bit more foundation and building it up a bit.  So I'll probably continue to use this when I want more coverage than my other foundations.  So not a total fail! 

Have you tried this?  What do you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig