L'Oreal Nude Magique (Magic Nude) BB Blush Review

Last week, I posted about some new L'Oreal products that launched in the UK in the Nude Magique line (Magic Nude in the US).  I'm crossing my fingers that we get the same products this summer- usually we do but you never know.  I was on the Boots and Superdrug websites checking things out and decided I couldn't wait to try this blush.  Since neither of those stores ship to the US, I took to Ebay and found some sellers.  It arrived very quickly and I was happy I tried it.


This blush is a one size fits all shade, L'Oreal calls "Universal Rosy Blush".  I don't get why they're calling it BB Blush.  I feel like companies just throw the BB in there now because it's a "buzzword". Seems kinda silly to me.


It starts as a clear gel and warms on contact with the skin and is supposed to turn into the perfect rosy shade for you.  You can see below that by the time I took the picture, it was already starting to turn pink a little bit from the warmth of my skin.  It feels really silky and velvety, like a face primer.


This product isn't for people just starting out with makeup or who aren't used to applying gel or liquid blushes (such as Benefit's Benetint).  You need to work very quickly while blending or it will stain and look streaky in areas you didn't want it to.  The swatch below is heavily applied so that you can see the color in the photo, but in person, this looks really natural and pretty!  I start with a tiny amount and blend it in, then add more as needed.


This reminds me exactly of Smashbox's O-Glow ($28).  

Even buying it overseas I still paid much less than $28!  After conversion it was about $14.  I'm guessing that when/if it comes out here, it'll be around $8-$9.  
If you're interested in trying this out, I purchased it from This Seller on Ebay.  If they no longer carry it, you can do a search on Ebay- I've seen quite a few people selling them the past week or so but they run out fast!

I'll post this as a dupe to Smashbox's O-Glow on my Dupes Board
So would you try this out?  Those of you in the UK...have you bought this yet?  What did you think of it?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig