29 by Lydia Mondavi Wine Blot Lip Treatment Review


Earlier, I posted about some new luxury skincare lines debuting at Target this month, and I posted photos from my local Target on my Facebook page.

About the Brand
Lydia is married to Robert Mondavi Jr., of the Mondavi Winery in Napa CA.  This line contains Grape Seed extract, which is a potent antioxidant, 50 times stronger than Vitamin E and 20 times stronger than Vitamin C.  
The first product I tried was the Wine Blot Lip Treatment, $10, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you because this stuff is fantastic.  Take a look...

Packaging
The packaging really impressed me!  The box is simple and elegant and the sides have grapes and leaves in silver that are raised and add a nice texture.  The lip balm tube itself is heavy weight (more like a lipstick) in a silver tube with a 29 stamped on top of the cap.  Overall it looks very luxe, especially for a $10 product!




Formula
The formula contains a lot of ingredients that are great for the skin such as Lanolin, Grape Seed Oil and Castor Seed Oil.  It's paraben free, SLS Free, ALS free and not tested on animals.  




The balm itself feels smooth, not waxy when applied and it melts into the lips.  It reminds me of Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in terms of feel but at half the price!  My lips were looking really dry and cracked before I applied it and within minutes they looked like a thousand times better, plump and smooth.  It adds a bit of sheen but not gloss to the lips and makes them look and feel very supple.  It has a scent to it, but I can't place what it is- it's a somewhat fresh scent, not perfumey or gourmand.  

The Bottom Line
This is not just your average lip balm in terms of packaging, high quality ingredients, and the luxurious melting texture.  It performs like a much more expensive balm, and I'm sorry to say it Fresh (you know I love you) but my HG Sugar Lip Treatment has been replaced by one that's half the price!  

I'll post this to my dupes board as an alternative to Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment.

You can purchase Wine Blot Lip Treatment at Target.


3 comments

  1. This looks great! I have to try this plus the scrub I saw in your Facebook photo! Will you be reviewing that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, where can I get this? The packaging looks very luxe, and just the way you described it sounds magnificent (heavier-weighted products feel more expensive and I don't know why???)! There's always space in my drawer for more and more lippies. :3

    Also, check out my lifestyle blog! I'm trying to connect with fellow bloggers as of now, and I just discovered your gem of a blog while Googling Sonia Kashuk products.

    thereadermodel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its available at Target and is part of the new luxury skincare lines they're carrying!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig