The Body Shop Cleansing Butter Review

Last week, I posted about a new product I've been using, The Body Shop's Sumptuous Cleansing Butter and how it's a total dupe for Ren's Cleansing Balm.  

I've been dying to post a review and share this product with you, because it's the BEST cleanser I've used in a long time. There aren't that many balm/butter cleansers on the market yet, since the hot new thing right now is oil cleansers. But I predict that balms will be next, since they're really just oil cleansers in solid form and they're convenient for travel and easier to work with.



This cleansing butter costs $15, but you can regularly get it on sale. Right now it's $9, but that's subject to change. I purchased the muslin cloth (reg. $6, now on sale for $3) to go with it, since Ren's version comes with one and the salesgirl recommended it.  It's a nice, lightweight cloth that's very soft.

This butter looks hard in it's tin, but it's very soft and easy to scoop out. It says to use it on a dry face, so I scooped some out and started massaging it in. This melts into an oil on contact and feels so silky and luxurious as you work it in. It's really a treat for dry skin, but oily types might not like this, as it's very rich. 
It took my makeup off with ease, even mascara and it has a really nice, mild scent.  Once I worked it into my skin,  I wet the muslin cloth and used that to remove the cleanser, and also exfoliate a little. 


Here are some packaging shots:



This is my go-to night cleanser, since it's great at removing makeup, and makes my face feel velvety soft and moisturized. If you have normal to dry skin, this is a fantastic alternative to an oil cleanser, as  portable and easier to work with since the butter stays on your face, while oil tends to get runny. 
Has anyone tried this? I'd love to hear your thoughts!



SALE Up to 50% OFF Sitewide. Valid 12/30-1/26

2 comments

  1. So, you wouldn't recommend this for someone with oily skin? I have weird combo/dry patches/super oily skin, but this sounds kind of amazing. My skin gets super dry in come areas but my t-zone and such is oil central (it doesn't help that I live in Texas and it's always hot as hell here). I'm tempted to give this a shot, despite the fact that it may end up breaking me out... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K! I don't know if it would cause someone with oily skin to break out...it may not since it's made with natural oils and not pore clogging mineral oils. My recommendation was mostly just based on a feeling that those with oily skin might find it too heavy, as I know some people with oily skin who tend to stay away from anything that feels too rich. But if you don't mind, it's worth a try- it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig