Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara Review

I'm a fan of Covergirl's LashBlast line, so when this new Bombshell Volume one came out recently, I just had to try it!
There have been quite a few double-ended mascaras at the drugstore in recent years, but this is the first one from Covergirl. The idea behind this one is that the first step gives volume, while the second coat intensifies (not sure if that means more volume, length, or both), and also seals it in for an all day finish.

The wand on this one is very thick, probably the fattest mascara tube I've ever owned!  The two brushes are quite different:

Step one is a plastic club-like brush with short bristles, similar to the other Lashblast formulas
Step 2 is more of a traditional mascara brush, softer with longer bristles.


For me, the formula is perfect, not too wet or too dry and not clumpy at all. I found this very easy to apply and build multiple coats.  My lashes stayed soft and didn't get crunchy at all, even after several coats. It also didn't smudge or flake, which is a huge plus!

So here's my result. 

 Before:

After Coat #1:

After Coat #2:

I thought the first coat did a decent job on its own, but I was wowed after the second coat!  My lashes looked like falsies and my eyes looked bigger and more open.  This is my favorite drugstore mascara up there with Jordana Best Lash Extreme and Revlon's PhotoReady.

I'll add this to the Wall of Mascara so you can see how it stacks up against others I've tried.

What do you think?  Are you a LashBlast fan, or do they not work for you?









4 comments

  1. This looks great! I purchased it but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to wear it out tonight- you've inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got great results! I wasn't even expecting anything that dramatic. There are just so many new mascaras out. It seems like there is a new one on TV every day! I love mascara and when I am going out I really layer it on to get those false looking lashes but when I am going to work or just popping out to the mall I don't bother because I hate scraping that stuff off when I am tired at the end of the day lol

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica, I do the same thing! A makeup artist I worked with at Sephora taught me how to apply it to get that falsie look. But now that I'm a stay at home Mom, I rarely wear it because its such a pain to remove at the end of the night! Still, I like this one (for the rare occasion I get out of the house! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really nice and I like the look of the wand too! :)

    Layla xx

    Sprinkles of Style - www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig