L'Oreal Total Repair Extreme Split Ends Fixer Review

A few weeks ago, I posted some pictures to my Facebook page about some new L'Oreal Hair collections that had arrived at the drugstore. I've had the chance to try some of the products since then, and I wanted to talk about one of my favorites so far.

I chose a product from the Total Repair Extreme line as my first purchase because after recently having a baby, hormones have made my hair a total disaster. Plus, I've resumed bleaching my hair, so between the two, it's been falling out and splitting ends like crazy.

I was drawn to this line for another reason...it reminded me of another L'Oreal product I bought a few years back when my hair was having similar issues.  It was a leave-in spray from their Professional line, Absolut Repair, and it wasn't cheap (I believe it was around $20).  
The standout ingredient in that line is lactic acid, and guess what's in the new Total Repair Extreme line?  You guessed it- lactic acid!  This is something that I see happen all the time, where a brand will introduce a cutting-edge new ingredient in their luxury lines and a few years later, they put it in their drugstore line.  Oh well.

Anyway, the Total Repair Extreme line has a Shampoo, Conditioner, Emergency Repair Mask, and Split Ends Fixer.  Since unfortunately, I'm not made of money I had to pick one product so I picked the Split Ends Fixer ($5.99), which is supposed to mend broken fibers and fix split ends- sounds good to me!


Here's how L'Oreal explains how lactic acid repairs the hair:
Lactic Acid Technology has the power to reach to the heart of the hair fiber to repair broken bonds while simultaneously working at the surface of the hair to smooth the cuticle for a shiny, glossy finish.

This formula is dual phase with two chambers in the bottle that release at the same time. 

You can see in the photo below there are two holes where the product comes out.


When you dispense the product, it looks like the photo below.  It's a serum-like texture, half red and half clear.



I used it on damp hair as instructed, and it sank right in without any greasiness.  It smells really nice, like a fresh, clean perfume.  After blowdrying, my hair was very soft, not weighed down at all, and my split ends were much less noticeable, although they were still there (nothing's a miracle, right?).  From what I understand, the effects of lactic acid are cumulative, so I'll need to keep using this to see the best results.  I'll do a follow up to this post in a while to let you guys know.
Overall, I really like this and I'm so glad this line is a drugstore dupe for Absolut Repair Cellular!  I'll definitely pin this as a dupe on my Pinterest dupes board.




1 comment

  1. I tried the shampoo and conditioner in this line and they are very good! My hair looks better already.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig