Physicians Formula Super BB Cream Compact Makeup Review

Last year, Physicians Formula launched their Super BB Line, and while I didn't try the powder, I found that the cream that came in the tube was mask-like and heavy, sank into lines, and didn't last, not to mention that the light color was still way too dark for me.
Now for Spring 2014, they've released a compact version. Do I like it any better? Let's see!



This cream is supposed to replace your moisturizer, foundation, and SPF, which is 30- not bad!
It comes in a compact with a mirror and a sponge applicator.

The texture is slightly greasy, I'm guessing it's because it's supposed to moisturize, but it wasn't enough moisture for my dry skin- I needed to layer this on top of my regular moisturizer.  I think those with oily skin may find this too greasy, so those who are somewhere in the middle of oily and dry might find this to be right for them.  Application with the included sponge is horrible, so I wouldn't recommend that.  The first time I used this with the sponge, it went on way too thick and pasty and just looked...not right.  But then I applied it using my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, which I use to apply foundation all the time, and it went on much better.  I swirled the brush around in the compact and then buffed it into my skin in a circular motion.  It gave me a nice light to medium coverage with a satin finish.

The light shade is close to my skin color, but like all Physicians Formula products I've tried so far, it's yellow based (which is what most people are, around 80%) but I have pink undertones, so it wasn't quite a match.
My thoughts on this are just...Meh. It's ok, but for my dry skin it's not a do-it-all product since I still need to moisturize.  
It reminds me of another product I purchased last Spring, which is Too Faced Air Buffed BB Creme Compact, $39 at Sephora.  It's extremely similar in terms of the coverage, texture and wear.  So much so, I'm calling this a dupe (I'll pin it to my dupes board).  The Too Faced one comes with a brush to apply it that's similar to my Sonia Kashuk brush, just smaller.  That's what gave me the idea to apply the Physicians Formula one that way.

Overall, if you have normal skin without a lot of imperfections and you're looking for light to medium coverage with an SPF 30, you might really love this.  The rest of us will just have to keep on looking!








5 comments

  1. Hi :) i love your blog!! Im aspiring tp be like you. Any tips on this subject? And how to be as popular as you? I just started a couple days ago. Any tips? Thanks in advance xx You can check out my blog here: http://affordableyetgorgeous.blogspot.co.nz/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aleesha! Thanks! :) It took a while but my best piece of advice is to keep writing. The first few months I'm not sure anyone even visited my blog, but the more posts you have out there, the more Google and the search engines will put you in their results. That's the easiest way for people to find you. It takes time, but don't give up! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi I found your blog recently and have been loving all the posts. I was wondering if when you do reviews of products like these you could show how they look on your face? it looks like we have similar skin tone so it would nice to see how it compares. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke! Sure, I've been meaning to do more posts like that, and will definitely start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is absolutely fantastic. Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need. Thanks.
    physicians formula nz

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig