Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Review- Splurge

I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and it took me forever to figure out what to spend it on.  I had heard about Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask, which just came out recently, but before I spent $26 of my gift card on a lip product, I checked out some online reviews.  Currently, there are 69 reviews on Sephora.com and it has a 5 star rating, and MakeupAlley.com shows a rating of 4.8 out of 5.  So I felt pretty comfortable with my purchase.
While I don't often post about luxury products, if one performs extremely well, above and beyond other products of it's type, I'll recommend it as splurge-worthy, since we all need to splurge now and then!
Here's the description from Sephora's website:

What it is:
A soothing, leave-on lip mask that replenishes moisture in lips. 

What it does:
This innovative, natural formula smooths, nourishes, and moisturizes lips with a bio-active blend of organic agave nectar, jojoba oil, vanilla CO2 extract, and triple the amount of antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine. 

What else you need to know:
This product does not contain gluten or petroleum.

Here are some packaging photos:


This comes in a metal tube with a twist off cap, and the product is so thick, that it's really difficult to get the product out.  That's my one and only complaint with this lip mask.  I have to squeeze the tube as hard as I possibly can to dispense a tiny dab, although luckily that's all you need.
This balm is super thick and rich and feels amazing on the lips. The word mask makes you think it's something you leave on for a few minutes and then take it off, but this is a leave-on mask (really just a thick balm).
It soaks in after a few minutes and doesn't feel greasy or move around on your lips at all- it really stays put and feels totally luxurious.  I put it on before bed and in the morning my lips are plump, less lined and totally soft and moisturized.  I also use it during the day before going out in the cold.  In the week I've been using this, my lips have improved so much.
And the scent is delicious, like vanilla cake batter!  I also love that it's 99% natural and has no petroleum.

Here are my lips before and after- before on the left my lips were dry, cracked and lined.  On the right is after wearing the Agave Lip Mask for an hour. They look even better after a whole night of wear.

This is the best lip treatment I've ever used, drugstore or high end.  I love it even more than my Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, and I never thought I'd say that! 
It isn't cheap, but this tube will last forever since you only need a tiny dab at a time, and I always say that an expensive product is worth it if you use it every day. I've easily spent more than $26 on drugstore balms that just sit in a drawer.
So would I call this splurge-worthy? Absolutely.  If you buy one lip balm this year, this could be the one!

You can purchase and read other reviews by visiting Sephora, below:

You Might Also Like:

2 comments

  1. I saw this in Sephora the other day, they had it out front and the salesgirl talked it up a lot. I thought it was a lot of money but if it works really good and lasts a long time it might be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand, but this does sound intriguing, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig