Jergens Shea Beauty Oil Review

Since I have extremely dry skin, body oils are a staple for me.  When applied to damp skin after a bath or shower, oils lock the moisture in and keep it there.  Since body lotions/butters are made with water, they eventually evaporate from the skin, leaving it dry a few hours later.  So when I heard that Jergens was launching a Shea Butter Oil, I knew I had to check it out.  

I've been looking in stores for it for the past few weeks and didn't have much luck.  I used the "find in store" tool on Target's website, which said that my local store had it in stock.  Nope...I went a few times and searched everywhere.  My guess is that they technically have it in inventory somewhere in a stockroom and haven't gotten around to putting it out yet (which is why that tool is sometimes useless!).

Then yesterday I was at CVS and spotted one lone bottle sitting on the shelf sideways, as they hadn't made a space for it yet.  Score! I paid $8.99 for it.  

Jergens says that this oil gives the skin 6x more radiance, sheen and hydration and contains Shea, Argan, Safflower, Meadowfoam and Olive Oils.  It also contains Mineral Oil, if that's a concern for you.



This oil is so moisturizing!  The Shea, Argan and Olive oils really set this apart from other body oils I've tried that are mostly just mineral oil.  Not only does this lock in moisture and prevent it from evaporating, it adds moisture as well.  It also smells wonderful, warm, and sweet, but it's a light scent and not overpowering at all.  My skin has a nice sheen after applying this, but I bet it would be even more noticeable in the summer when my skin has some more color (I don't even bother with self-tanner in the winter).  
This is definitely a keeper!  Has anyone else seen this or tried it?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments

  1. I saw this at walmart the other day, i wanted to try it so bad, but was worried it would be too greasy or not worth the price.
    My MN winter skin is killing me, and moisturizers aren't always the best. I will have to give this a try.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your expertise in the work you
    write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe.

    All the time go after your heart.

    my blog post ... ประตูม้วน

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig