Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask Review

Ever since I tired Carol's Daughter Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray (see my review here), I've been dying to try the rest of the Monoi line.  I had a Macy's gift card from Christmas, so I decided to get the sample kit ($26) to try it out before I decided to spring for the full sizes. 

The kit includes Monoi Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Mask.

Here are the claims:
  • Using the Shampoo & Hair Mask, only once, studies showed:
  • Prevent breakage by 96%
  • Hair lives 13X longer
  • Condition of hair was improved by 86%

  • Using the Shampoo & Conditioner, only once, studies showed:
  • Prevents breakage by 92%
  • Hair lives 5.5X longer
  • Condition of hair was improved by 84%
  • When used with the Monoi Repairing Conditioner:
  • 92% less breakage after only 1 use
  • 5.5X longer hair life after only 1 use
  • 82% better conditioning and detangling after only 1 use
  • Monoi Oil gently conditions your hair all over
  • Hibiscus Extract help quickly detangle any hair type, but especially delicate, damaged hair
  • Coconut-derived cleansers are gentle enough for even the most fragile, distressed hair
 Ever since I had the baby, my hair has been a mess...falling out everywhere and damaged from going back to blonde and heat styling.  

The directions say to use all three products, which I did.



The shampoo is sulfate free, so it didn't lather that much, but it also didn't dry out my hair, which is what I was going for.  The conditioner was nice, but I liked the Repairing Hair Mask the best- it was buttery and thick and when I rinsed it out, my hair felt like silk. 

This also has that Tahitian Monoi scent (Gardenias and Coconut)  that makes you long to be on a tropical island somewhere.

After using this set, my hair felt so soft and my split ends were all but hidden!  My hair actually had shine, and here's the proof.  The pictures below show my hair the day before, where I used John Frieda's Go Blonder Shampoo and Garnier's Damage Eraser Mask.  I didn't use any other styling products- just blow-dried my hair.  
It looks pretty awful, but I wanted this to be a true test, without any styling products to add shine or softness to my hair.

Here's what it looked like after using the Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo, Conditioner and Repairing Hair Mask.  Again, no styling products were added- I just blow-dried afterwards.  Oh, and the color looks different, only because the above picture was taken in daylight and the other at night, so my hair looks a little darker.

It's still not perfect, but it's so much smoother and healthier looking!  I actually didn't need to use any additonal styling products, such as split-end repair or shine serums!
Unfortunately, this is so amazing, I'm going to have to find room in the budget for the full sizes ($20, $22, and $32...yikes!).  But they're worth it, if they save my hair from falling out and allow me to keep growing it.  At the very least, I'll make it last by using it only a few times a week.  As a new mom, I don't do my hair everyday anyway! :)

This is definitely splurgeworthy!  If you want to try it, I highly recommend the sample kit.




2 comments

  1. I've never tried this brand, but I can see now that I've been missing out. I love the scent of Monoi (hello Nars Body Glow!). Thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing, you're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig