Garnier Ultra Lift Transformer Review Spring 2014 New

Last week, I posted pictures on my Facebook page of some new Garnier products that have hit the shelves.  I spotted these at Walgreens, but they are also available on CVS's website if you don't have them near you yet.
Today, I wanted to talk about the Ultra Lift Transformer, which is a cream that hydrates, protects, and over time reduces wrinkles.  Garnier states that this cream gives both instant results (color correction and brightening) and long term results (boosting cell renewal and preventing dryness to combat wrinkles).  It contains Pro-Retinol from Nature, which is in their other Ultra Lift skincare products (I really love their night cream- see my review here).
So here's my review and I'm also going to compare it to another similar product- Miracle Skin Transformer to see if this could be a dupe!



This comes in a 1.7oz tube and retails for $16.99.  It has no color upon application, and when you rub it into the skin, the color adjusts to your skintone.  Being fair skinned, I've had problems with products like these in the past being too dark/orange, but this wasn't at all- it looked very natural! 
Here are some packaging shots:



To me, this seems like yet another BB Cream- it definitely evens out my skin, but doesn't cover much.  I like the SPF 20 coverage and that it has wrinkle-reducing benefits, but you won't get flawless skin with this.  
The name "Transformer" made me think of another product, Miracle Skin Transformer, and I wondered if maybe Garnier was trying to create a dupe.  I happen to have a small tube of the Miracle stuff, so I thought I'd compare them!
Miracle Skin Transformer is also supposed to instantly minimize skin imperfections, as well as contains ingredients to help make skin look better over time, although instead of Pro-Retinol, they use M3, a combo of anti-oxidants and Coenzyme Q10.  Both contain SPF 20 and have similar amounts of coverage.  
Here, Garnier is on the left (starts out white and adjusts) while Miracle is on the right (this is the Light shade).

The one thing Miracle claims that Garnier doesn't is that it Primes.  I would agree, since Miracle felt a bit more waxy like a balm, while Garnier's felt like a cream or tinted moisturizer.
Other than that, they are very similar products except for the price...Miracle Skin Transformer is $48, while Garnier Ultra Lift Transformer is $17.  Both gave about the same amount of coverage.
Here's a swatch of the Garnier, and you can see in the center how it's starting to turn color, as I rubbed it in a little.

This is Miracle Skin Transformer, and you can see how it's a bit thick and waxier looking:

Overall, if you're in the market for a BB-type cream that has a lot of great benefits, including SPF 20, Garnier's new Transformer is a good one to try.  It can also be a dupe for Miracle Skin Transformer, although the priming benefits aren't as great.  Still, it's a much better price point! 
I'll add this to my Dupes board on Pinterest

Have you seen this out in the stores yet, or tried it out?  What did you think of the adjusting color/texture?

6 comments

  1. I haven't really got on board with the whole bb cream fad. I feel like my concealer and foundation are doing enough and I like the flawless look so I don't bother with bb creams.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I'm with you there! I also would rather look flawless and prefer more coverage. I haven't found a BB yet that gives nearly enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miracle Skin Transformer is just another BB Cream also, just with primer benefits. Ugh...so sick of BB's- it's a clever way to bring tinted moisturizers back into the market, since thats all they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tinted moisturizers. I prefer a more natural look. Just bought ultra lift a few days ago. I love it.
    I am 48, and do not like to look overly made up. I do not like heavy make-up. I feel it ages you. No one ever guesses my age right. This is perfect. Just enough coverage, and the added long term benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought Ultra Lift Transformer and it turned my skin orange

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried several BB creams and they don't cover age spots and imperfections. Now I mixed 50/50 moisturizer and foundation and I get just enough coverage the correct tint and a natural look.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig