L'Oreal Age Perfect Instant Radiance BB Cream Review in Light Medium

There are so many BB Creams on the market these days, it can be a bit overwhelming.  Just about every drugstore makeup/skincare brand has their own version, and the new Age Perfect Instant Radiance BB is L'Oreal's third (after Youth Code BB and Magic Skin Beautifier BB that came out over the summer).  

This one is for "mature skin", and even though I'm only in my early 30's, my skin is really dry so I was hoping that this would work really well for me, since other BB's I've tried haven't been super moisturizing.  
This one is also supposed to fade spots with Vitamin C and Soy Seed Protein- an added plus!

Here are the details on the packaging:





I was surprised to see that this BB Cream is one of those shade-adjusting formulas that starts out white and turns into it's final shade when you're working it into the skin.  However, if you've tried the Magic Skin Beautifier BB that L'Oreal launched over the summer, I have to say that this isn't like that one at all.  

There are tiny beads in suspended in the cream that break and disburse color upon application, but unlike the Magic BB, I didn't even feel the beads in this one- it wasn't grainy at all.  The cream is thicker and spreads very easily- it felt like a luxurious moisturizer would.  When I blended it in, it was like a drink of water for my dry, thirsty skin.



Once you really start to rub the product in, it starts to turn into the shade it's going to be- this one looked a little dark at first, but as I continued to blend, it actually blended in with my fair skin pretty well.  



Like other BB Creams, Age Perfect doesn't give much coverage- it's more like a tinted moisturizer.  But, it's my favorite BB so far because of the thick, luxurious texture and dewy glow without looking shiny.  I happened to be having a good skin day today, and didn't need much in the way of coverage, and this just made my skin glow and look amazing.  It doesn't sink into lines and wrinkles, and actually seemed to plump up my skin a bit. Sometimes foundation can age you by accentuating the wrinkles, so if you're willing to sacrifice a little coverage, this might be a great option for those who don't want to wear a mask everyday.   I can't wait to see if it fades spots as it claims to do, but I have a feeling that will take weeks.  

If you have oily skin, this will probably feel too thick and heavy for you. 



4 comments

  1. I think I'm really going to like this one. I recently tried Olays CC Cream and was so disappointed to find it their same old tinted moisturizer, just repackaged with the words CC Cream on the box. I think this will be good for my 38 year old dry skin. Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just bought this and tried it today. i love the way it makes my skin feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the Age Perfect BB Cream and found it very shiny/greasy looking on my normal/combo skin. I used a setting powder but it still didn't do the trick. The shine came through again after a few hours. I prefer a more matte look and found this one heavier on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really disappointed with this cream. it makes my skin a yellowish color and really shiny. It also makes my eyes water if I get it too close them. I have tried other products that do not do this. I would not recommend this product.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig