Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream Review and Swatches


I was so surprised to see Revlon's new PhotoReady BB Cream in stores already, since I thought it was coming out in early 2013, but after spotting it at Harmon's in my local Bed, Bath and Beyond for $8.29, of course I had to have it.
So far, the BB Creams I've tried from Garnier, L'oreal and Maybelline have been much like tinted moisturizers, and I've been hoping for something with a bit more coverage.  Not that I have terrible skin, but I like a little more coverage under my eyes and around my nose where I tend to get redness.
This one claims to "cover like foundation" and "blur flaws like concealer", so I was hopeful!

This BB comes in a small squeeze tube, which is easy and convenient to use, but a great deal smaller than Garnier and L'oreal's versions.  
It comes in three shades: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium.  I chose Light since they were sold out of Light/Medium already.

As you can see, on my skin, even the Light doesn't match- it's very yellow based and my skin is pink.  But after a bit of blending, I couldn't tell the difference.   
The formula comes out of the tube thick, but as you start to rub it in, it thins out considerably and has that tinted moisturizer feel. The picture below is after I rubbed it in a little.  It thins out to a more transparent coverage with a dewy finish. 

Below is after the product is completely blended in to my skin. 

Out of all of the BB creams, I would say that this one does have the best coverage so far.  It's just one step above a tinted moisturizer though, and still isn't going to cover anything major.  I blended mine in with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, which I use to apply all of my foundations, 

and I was impressed with how flawless my face looked.  The bad part is, that it didn't last long.  When first applied, it covered up most of the redness around my nose, and the slight bit of darkness underneath my eyes, to the point where I didn't feel that I needed concealer on top of it.  But when I got home from Christmas shopping, it appeared to have worn off quite a bit, and I just didn't look as covered as I had a few hours earlier.  

I like that this has SPF 30, which is pretty substantial for a face product.  I also like the dewy finish and moisturizing feel, since I have dry skin that gets even worse in the winter.  But because this doesn't last too long, I'll probably use it on the weekends in place of a tinted moisturizer, since it has the same feel, but covers better.  

So for me, this has it's good and bad, but definitely my favorite of the BB Creams thus far.  
Has anyone else tried this one?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!





4 comments

  1. I'm on the fence if I want to try this out or not, I have scars I want to coverup. Maybe it'll last longer if your prime first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for this to come out! I'm still on the lookout for an affordable bb cream. I have oily skin, and Garnier, and Maybelline both failed on me horribly (made my skin MORE oily-which I didnt know was possible). So we'll have to see how this works..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try priming next. One of the claims was that it acts like a primer, so I decided to try it without first to see if that held up. It might work...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this but I think I was expecting a bit too much.....not enough coverage at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig