Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation Review and Swatches

I spotted the new Revlon Nearly Naked at my local Rite Aid in CT, and I almost didn't buy it, since the display and packaging weren't the most exciting thing I've ever laid eyes on.  But OMG I'm so glad I did.

In the center of the display, there was a booklet that helps you to determine your shade based on undertones and how light or dark your skin is.  With my pink undertones and light skin, my options were either the very lightest shade, or one that was about 4 in from the left, called Nude.  So I ended up buying the Nude shade, since the Ivory was too light.  It's a little dark for my skin, but I'd rather add a little color than be too pale.  


My only complaints about this foundation are about the packaging.  There's no pump or dispenser, so you have to pour it out into your hand.  The formula is very liquidy, so I always have to be really careful not to dump the whole thing out at once.  

Below is the Nude shade on my skin: 


Although it looks like a thick foundation in the bottle, the formula is so light, it reminded me of a tinted moisturizer.  I was positive I would be disappointed with the coverage- but I was so wrong. 

This has amazing coverage and staying power.  I don't have terrible skin, but this evened me out completely, taking away all redness and darkness under my eyes.  I used my Sonia Kashuk flat top synthetic brush to blend it in, and I got the most flawless, beautiful finish.  The picture below is the product completely blended into my hand.
Every time I passed a mirror all day, I kept checking out my skin- it looked so good.  This has a soft, satiny finish that made my skin just glow.  Not in a shimmery/sparkly way, but in an airbrushed, soft focus sort of way.  Also, this felt perfect on my dry skin- it didn't sink into lines or pores, just seemed to melt right in.  
It's so light, I can imagine that oilier types wouldn't have a problem either, but I'd love to hear from those who have tried this with other skin types to see what you think!




3 comments

  1. You got me intrigued... Where did you find it? (state/drugstore)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at Rite Aid in CT. I just edited my post, because I realized I forgot to say where I bought it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, now I feel bad I didn't check the Nude. I ended up checking out Vanilla, Sun Beige, and warm Beige. I found Sun Beige, Natural Beige and Warm Beige to have a distinct beige-orange undertone on my light-medium yellow-olive skin. It was also darker than me. I went all the way up to Vanilla and it was a very fair, slight yellow-pink neutral shade, which was obviously too light and not enough yellow. I found the texture to be really fantastic - satiny sheer to light coverage that could be made medium, with another appliaction. It is a GREAT foundation choice, but the line runs beige-orange and dark. I wish Revlon had better shade selection. But their Light/Medium BB Cream is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig